So I messed up my Griswold skillet.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
I used it to make Mexican rice. And burned it on there. I scrubbed it off, but it left the surface very textured. The outside was crusty from years of use and overflows.

I just cleaned it to bare cast iron. It is slick as snot now, but almost shiny steel. I’ve never seen it so smooth. It feels like a glassy brand new carbon steel pan.

Guess what? It seasons like one too! It’s gonna take some effort to season it. I just did five cycles and I’m getting du Beyer flashbacks. Haha.

Oh well, I figure stripping 100 years of crud off will have some consequences. I’m gonna leave my other one alone. Lessened learned. :)

I just cleaned it to bare cast iron. It is slick as snot now, but almost shiny steel. I’ve never seen it so smooth. It feels like a glassy brand new carbon steel pan.

Well, at least you didn't have to start from this... ;)

[video=youtube;gGLV7fd0-fQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGLV7fd0-fQ[/video]

Mine wasn’t that far off from that. It really came out clean.

I didn’t fret it much. I cooked a couple of pork chops, and they initially welded to the pan. They crusted over and came loose. I’ll just season with use. Screw messing around with cycling thru paper towels wiping down that pan.

Latest posts

Back