Quantcast
Beta Version of my New Site is up and Running. Oppinions are Welcome. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beta Version of my New Site is up and Running. Oppinions are Welcome.

I like it a lot Marko, it looks simple and easy. I agree that the center frame might be a little small after you post the pic on it. And if i may suggest, maybe you can create some section for Q&A regarding your knives, customer feedback/review.

My 2 cents ... Like you I'm not into the bright colors (I see gray and ... eh ... gray). I have done many sites and my experience tells me that you need a few more colors to make things stand out. I myself like earthy colors, nothing fancy but conservative. Maybe creamy and black, together with the gray, would make the design stand out more and still be "easy" for the eyes.

And yes, I'm sure you will regret the width of the centerframe. Most people use a 1024 px resolution or more - a total width of 1000 px would make sense. That would leave more room for descriptions etc.

Congrats on your new site - nice logo you got there by the way

I am sure this site will change a lot by the time it is done.

As for the centerframe, I like a narrow one (I might change my mind about it over time), as I find a short description is often better than a lengthy one. There will be a gallery for the pictures, and picture shortcuts in the text will open in a larger size.

The pictures in the upper portion of the page are for a background though the theme is relevant to the subject of the page, i.e. heat treating page will have a picture of a blank in a kiln or hardness tester, etc.

I am going to try to combine B&W photography with color. For instance, a knife with a highly figured handle, only a handle portion will be in color - the background and the blade will be in B&W.

There is Q&A in About page, but I might make it a separate page. Feedback page is in works as well, I just haven't figured where to put it.

Thanks everybody for your suggestion!

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Looks great Marko, Simple clean and straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by eto View Post
    Looks great Marko, Simple clean and straight forward.
    Thanks Jason.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread