D. Martell For Sale - 240 Wa Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
240mm Wa Gyuto - CPM154

• Model - Gyuto
  • Blade Length - 240mm
  • Steel - CPM154 (powdered stainless)
  • Hardness - Rc 61-62 (with cryo)
  • Height (at heel) - 55mm
  • Weight - 8oz (227g)
  • Handle Style - Wa (Octagonal)
  • Handle Dimensions - 20/25mm x 23/26mm x 135mm
  • Handle Materials - Maple Burl & Paper Micarta
  • Collection - Standard
  • FREE Lifetime Sharpening included!

Made from CPM154 powdered stainless steel to have great edge retention, ease of sharpening, and low maintenance requirements.

Food separation will be good, primarily as a result of the (thin) convex grind towards the edge, and also assisted by a forward balance where weight is retained in the upper section of the blade as much as possible.

The spine, although nicely tapered, retains strength and resists flex yet the tip is thinly ground for making proper score cuts as required.

The octagonal wa style handle is full sized (see above dimensions) made from a blue dyed maple burl for the main section paired with a black paper micarta ferrule. I can see this handle appealing to a person who likes some color in their life but not so in your face. It has a sort of deep space look to it, yet simple.

*Please see close up pictures for details.

Price - $525

If interested in purchasing you can either checkout HERE or send me a PM with your email address and location and I'll follow by sending you a Paypal invoice.
thumbsup.gif

P1010001.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010007.JPG

P1010008.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010018.JPG

P1010020.JPG

P1010023.JPG

Nice looking knife Dave. Is this the same grind as my O1?

The O1 knives were thinner stock to start with so they're thinner knives than these CPM154 knives are. This will weigh a bit more and be thicker mid-top of blade but overall ground the same style.

I know it's not an all in your face blingy knife but it's still a nice one folks, it's a real deal performer for sure. Damn, it's tough for me to do the salesman spiel speech thing...derp

The O1 knives were thinner stock to start with so they're thinner knives than these CPM154 knives are. This will weigh a bit more and be thicker mid-top of blade but overall ground the same style.
Mine is a great thinner middleweight which has good food release for its width. I reckon a little extra thickness and convex would make a great all purpose middleweight.

This is a bargain. If I hadn't just bought one...

It's been said before- You don't see many Martells on BST.

GLWS

Back