Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you spend on groceries a week?

What do you spend on groceries a week?

I like to come here and read up on various knife skills, and different preparations of foods you guys are doing. I see that we are all using pretty high quality items and I started thinking about how much I actually spend on all the food my wife and I cook. It seems like I am spending a considerable amount of cash each month on food and I buy most of it in bulk, which saves me a little. My wife and I probably spend around $70-100 bucks a week on food for just the two of us, and that doesn't even count if I have to go out and buy steak or an expensive cut of meat.

I was wondering what everyone else was spending on food a week, just out of curiosity. I think I could get by with boxed food and save around $20 a month, however, the taste would be hard to get around.

To say nothing about the sodium!
    I don't pay attention to my food bill.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Next to nothing... although now we can afford to start restocking as I'm working again after a year out of work. 2 adults and a 16 year old (ugh) we spend about $70 a week on staples, I eat samples at work to make up some lost meals and the kid is on the school lunch program so that helps a bit.

We just get as creative as we can on as basic a shopping list as posable, lots of fresh vegies, beans, rice, and what ever we can snag on a deal lol.

$150-$200 per week for family of 3.

-AJ

Well I just realized that I probably have to subtract out $40-$50 for things like cat food, dog food, cat litter, toilet paper, etc. Non food items.

-AJ

+1 And then we have guests over quite a bit... I'd have to say it's gotta be $100+ a week. I doubt it goes anywhere near $200... It depends on how much stress there is going around, too. More stress = more prepared food which makes it go up and then there's going out to eat the makes it go down...

Some weeks I will spend $100 on groceries for myself, others, less than $10. I eat most meals at the restaurant and I like to go out on my days off and see what everyone else is up to.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    ...I like to go out on my days off and see what everyone else is up to.
    Sounds familiar...

I can say that with just food, 2 adults and a 2.5 year old...i easily spend $100-150 a week....usually $200-225 with non food items...