New to high quality knives and looking to learn more!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seire

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Been trolling the forum for a while now and have gained a bunch of knowledge on the different styles or knives, materials, etc.

You've all been super helpful so I thought I should formally join up and start participating in the community.

Looking forward to a wild ride! (and my new addiction :biggrin:)

Hey Nemo - thanks everyone else for the warm greetings!

From NYC (only around 20 minutes away from Korin - which started this whole addiction for me the other day)

I let with a 240mm Masamoto KS Yanagi-ba and having used it a few times already I'm in love!

I'm currently hunting down the legendary Masamoto Wa-Gyuto but it's sold out forever :cheffry:

Super upsetting!!

Do you make sashimi with your yanagi?

I assume you are looking for a Massamoto KS Gyuto? Good luck in your search.

If you can't find one, we would love to help you choose another knife. Start a "which knife should I buy?" Thread then copy and paste the questionairre (found at http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php?t=12791 ).

Welcome again.

Yep exactly, sashimi only, sushi sometimes.

And correct again the KS Gyuto. Korin said I could put a full down payment on one but it'll take probably 6-12months until they get more (so depressing)!

Going to take you up on that offer and post a thread though to see what other options are available. Thanks Nemo!

Yep exactly, sashimi only, sushi sometimes.

And correct again the KS Gyuto. Korin said I could put a full down payment on one but it'll take probably 6-12months until they get more (so depressing)!

Going to take you up on that offer and post a thread though to see what other options are available. Thanks Nemo!

There is one in the classifieds I believe from the recent batch.

Back