Kamikoto knives must be stopped!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
these guys are killing me. the ads are following me everywhere online, people are frequently asking me what i think about them, some amazing chefs with good reputations are falling prey to it and hawking their knives on social media, their crappy marketing scheme is actually WORKING!!!, and they are getting "penetration in the market". this makes me very sad, that a scammy company with enough money and a deceptive pricing and marketing scheme can get away with basically lying to the public and succeed. grrr.

i totally agree....i'd even get a Chelsea Miller before falling for Kamigarbage

+2 yeah these pease me off too. There are always coming up on n facebook.

Never heard of them...sounds like I'd rather not.

no, youd rather not. its almost impressive how shady it is.

basically we have a mega corp behind the website dealdash creating brands they call "luxury", but are really generic, posting them for sale with a scheme like "regularly retails for $1295, but with our special offer you can have them for only $272!" except they have never retailed for 1295, ever, and arent even worth the 272. to top that off, they are marketing themselves as if they were made by old japanese craftsmen, using the taglines "masters of tradition" and "built on a legacy of excellence" superimposed over photos of japanese flags and craftsmen. then they are sending free sets to well known and respected chefs, who for some reason, when it comes to knives, dont know their ass from their elbow, and somehow getting them to post all over social media just how great these knives are. pair that with a super aggressive advertising campaign and tons of obviously fake reviews, press releases, and reporting, which lead to average joes and justines raving and blogging about how much they want these, and you got a perfect storm of garbage and disappointment.

unfortunately the more i try to engage with folks about how ****** this is, the more they pop up in my online ads and feeds.

And don’t forget that their website explicitly states that their knives are made in China...smh

There are plenty of great chefs out there that don't know s*** about knives. Although some are extremely knowledgeable, more are not.

It's not a question of knife knowledge, it's how much is their price to whore their names.

For me, 75K to put my knives away and use theirs, and look happy doing it, for a year.

Should note they should pay me sooner rather than later cause I get asked about them every day....:cool2:

basically we have a mega corp behind the website dealdash creating brands they call "luxury", but are really generic, posting them for sale with a scheme like "regularly retails for $1295, but with our special offer you can have them for only $272!" except they have never retailed for 1295, ever, and arent even worth the 272. to top that off, they are marketing themselves as if they were made by old japanese craftsmen, using the taglines "masters of tradition" and "built on a legacy of excellence" superimposed over photos of japanese flags and craftsmen. then they are sending free sets to well known and respected chefs, who for some reason, when it comes to knives, dont know their ass from their elbow, and somehow getting them to post all over social media just how great these knives are. pair that with a super aggressive advertising campaign and tons of obviously fake reviews, press releases, and reporting, which lead to average joes and justines raving and blogging about how much they want these, and you got a perfect storm of garbage and disappointment.

unfortunately the more i try to engage with folks about how ****** this is, the more they pop up in my online ads and feeds.

Agreed. The overwhelmingly positive reviews on Amazon just don't ring true and independent.

You've been off grid too long. Amazon has the best deals on knives. I get emails telling me so every day.

yeah I remember seeing their ads here and there, I was just like get out of here. I had no idea they are That expensive! Insane! And I thought other knives looked basic for $1K but these knives for real look cheap and crap!
And don’t forget that their website explicitly states that their knives are made in China...smh
hahaha and that is the funniest part!

You've been off grid too long. Amazon has the best deals on knives. I get emails telling me so every day.

nah! eBay All The Way! I hate amazon! They are always more money for what I can get on ebay. Unless you are a "prime" member, and then it's the same price. But now that you say it maybe I should look on amazon at some knives see if anything peaks my interest... haha!

I just looked up and read about Kamikoto knives, now will probably get banners & E-Mails too just for searching. Those things are expensive noticed you can get used or like new for much cheaper. Stamped logo on a 500.00 Santoku:O

haha oh yeah beware, it literally just happened to me!
I just looked up and read about Kamikoto knives, now will probably get banners & E-Mails too just for searching. Those things are expensive noticed you can get used or like new for much cheaper. Stamped logo on a 500.00 Santoku:O

Several of their shills popped up on Cheftalk. Because some of our moderators are a bit dense when it comes to scammers like this we actually had to be polite to them, at first. Then even the mods got tired of them.

nah! eBay All The Way! I hate amazon! They are always more money for what I can get on ebay. Unless you are a "prime" member, and then it's the same price. But now that you say it maybe I should look on amazon at some knives see if anything peaks my interest... haha!

piques

Several of their shills popped up on Cheftalk. Because some of our moderators are a bit dense when it comes to scammers like this we actually had to be polite to them, at first. Then even the mods got tired of them.

Dense mods here is arguable, but polite? Not a chance.

only idiots dont like amazon prime, it's the greatest thing ever.

I don’t give into the masses and I don’t support slave labor. Though I have been buying stuff oil and wax at Walmart lately...

We are all someone's slave so it really doesn't matter in the end. Wether it be the wife or the tax man. $0.02

I don’t give into the masses and I don’t support slave labor. Though I have been buying stuff oil and wax at Walmart lately...
I suppose you don't use apple products or anything like that then? You don't have a smart phone or a mass produced car?
Just wondering...

Oh no I love Apple! Now I used to hate them but once I actually bought an Apple I never turned back! I guess that’s how I’ll be once I buy a “good” knife.;)!

Yeah dats right! To a degree. There’s a difference with living a free peaceful life and having obligations or even imprisonment, and being forced to do something under harsh conditions.

But he’ll yeah we are living in an age of modern slavery, the slavery masters now are billionaires and conglomerates. They control it all!

Oh no I love Apple! Now I used to hate them but once I actually bought an Apple I never turned back! I guess that’s how I’ll be once I buy a “good” knife.;)!
Don't quite know what to say to that... won't use amazon because of following the heard/ slave labor... but are more than fine with supporting apple products. Seems a little contradictory

Don't quite know what to say to that... won't use amazon because of following the heard/ slave labor... but are more than fine with supporting apple products. Seems a little contradictory
Most people don’t have Apple, and those who do are usually my people. And when it was found out they had “bad” conditions at a manufacturing facility overseas they immediately made it better.

Haha but this has gotten way out of hand, the Main Reason I don’t like Amazon is because I love eBay! And eBay is cheaper more often than not, and is individuals usually. Amazon stocks up on a lot of things and they solely make the money. And also because Everyone uses amazon.

Most people don’t have Apple, and those who do are usually my people. And when it was found out they had “bad” conditions at a manufacturing facility overseas they immediately made it better.

Haha but this has gotten way out of hand, the Main Reason I don’t like Amazon is because I love eBay! And eBay is cheaper more often than not, and is individuals usually. Amazon stocks up on a lot of things and they solely make the money. And also because Everyone uses amazon.

"Apple made more profit in three months than Amazon has generated during its lifetime":
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/11/app...amazon-has-generated-during-its-lifetime.html

More ot but Amazon has tons of small sellers...but I too generally buy my cheap **** on eBay because it's cheaper.

Back