Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blu Skillet (bi-annual) sale is this Thursday 5/17

actually my wife WOULD kill me... yup. must stay away

A couple of years ago they displayed at a local blacksmithing and forging show. I really like them but that price made me drag my feet. By the time I decided to go for it they were in the current backorder situation. Probably just as well. Wish I could have tried one.

Here. Plus the day my chimichanga explodes and leaks; burning cheese and beans into it. That would sting

+1 & +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DamageInc View Post
    They are hand made and look kinda cool. I think that's it.

It also (IMO) takes a beating and you know the rest ... sorry I am travelling at the moment so can't post current pic's but here is the seasoned view ...

Typical of this sort of item it just speaks to you and you are willing to pay to have it ... plus my lovely Bride hadn't gotten me a B-day gift so I was gracious enough to "offer it up" as 'something I would like' and she was stoked (I had already bought it ...) so, as they say, wifie = happy means me = way happy ....

TjA

Quote Originally Posted by MontezumaBoy View Post
    +1 & +1

It also (IMO) takes a beating and you know the rest ... sorry I am travelling at the moment so can't post current pic's but here is the seasoned view ...

Typical of this sort of item it just speaks to you and you are willing to pay to have it ... plus my lovely Bride hadn't gotten me a B-day gift so I was gracious enough to "offer it up" as 'something I would like' and she was stoked (I had already bought it ...) so, as they say, wifie = happy means me = way happy ....

TjA
    That is nice. What’s the diameter? That would be a great way to bring a paella to the table.

Their largest (at 13") and I would have bought a bigger one if they offered it .... paella ... served it many times in this vessel ... so yes it is a great pan for that. FWIW - Exceptional F&F but it should be at this price point (but they do follow through even with expectations).

These look pretty cool. I might have to save up for next year.

I’ll buy one to celebrate my new kitchen when I remodel it. Maybe next year.

I live in the same neighborhood as their shop, been to visit a couple times back when they were selling at the local farmers market. Very nice people, incredibly creative as well. I started with a small gratin pan solely for eggs and it's never let me down once. The French skillet has a very nice profile and flips food very easily (from a home cooks perspective). Two thumbs up.

They look awesome the price is a bit too crazy for me to justify buying one of these tho.