Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blu Skillet (bi-annual) sale is this Thursday 5/17

I have one I received as a gift. They do look very nice. I use mine to roast baby potatoes in oil almost exclusively. For the $$ I assure you there is nothing magical about the steel. The $$ is paying partly for the handmade construction, the looks, and good dollop of exclusivity.

It's true that it's an investment, but it's no more expensive than a good knife. Basically, it's an investment in good cookware. Knives are one part of the process, the pans are another. The way I justified it was by NOT buying myself another knife, and choosing this instead (since I already have more than enough knives, if I'm honest with myself). But yeah, not cheap.

damn, I've been eyeing these for a couple years now, but always miss the sale. Not sure how much of a performance boost they are over a 80$ carbon steel tho

For the money, I'm partial to Darto. The Blu Skillet stuff is pretty though.

I've had an off-the-shelf carbon pan warp badly under very low heat. Probably user error, but haven't had an issue with Blu Skillet.

The Blu Skillet is unapologetically badass. No need to justify it.

I want one, but I certainly don’t NEEEED one.

I got a set of these for less than the price of a single Blu Skillet.

The single-piece rivetless construction hits all my buttons. They don't look like "off the rack" pans, but they also don't look like old world heirlooms. Darto is redesigning everything and won't be shipping the new models until toward the end of the year though. Their biggest and best pans are out of stock, but the No. 34 paella is available. It was my most recent addition, and I use it way more than I thought I would.

OK, I'm seriously impressed by their design. I'm especially impressed by the slight concavity to the bottom. How has the worked in practice?

Quote Originally Posted by captaincaed View Post
    OK, I'm seriously impressed by their design. I'm especially impressed by the slight concavity to the bottom. How has the worked in practice?
    That concave bottom is part of the new design that will be available in October 'ish. The last pans are more rounded at the sides and thus a smaller cooking area. Mine have a very slight wobble but it’s not bad enough to prevent use on induction, I’m picking one of the new 27's though