Quantcast
Belomo 20x loupe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belomo 20x loupe

Belomo 20x loupe

I love this little loupe. I use it from inspecting my edges to looking at the grain in destruction test to just look at things. I carry it in my pocket, and find always something to look at, rocks, leaves, etc.

Thought some of you might find it a good and inexpensive alternative to a microscope (hint tk59).

This is a quality product - probably still made on German technology and equipment from 1920-30 that was removed from occupied Germany after WWII as war reparations. Made in Belarus.

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I've had a 10x triplet from them for at least 12 yrs and have used the hell out of it. I think it's the best bang for the buck triplet in that size to be found. I've wondered about the 20x and now you've got me wondering again - thanks!

Haha. You're a little late, Marko. A few months ago I bought a half dozen different, inexpensive loupes off of amazon. I'm good. Still, you can't beat a microscope for some things. It's just a PITA to do at work.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Haha. You're a little late, Marko. A few months ago I bought a half dozen different, inexpensive loupes off of amazon. I'm good. Still, you can't beat a microscope for some things. It's just a PITA to do at work.
    Half a dozen? I bought one, but a quality one.
    $32(shipping included).

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Why is that funny? I'm the same about everything. Haven't you heard about my knife thing?

That loupe would look a lot better if it was clad in a nice stainelss steel damascus... And the handle really should be replaced with a nice wood one... And it needs a carved wood storage box...

I've been wanted to get a loupe, but wasn't sure which ones were better than the super cheap ones. The cheap ones all appear to be nearly identical, but range in price from a couple bucks to $20+ depending on who is selling them.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

The distortion (maybe not the correct terminology) is the thing that shows different between loupes. Most the el-cheapos look fish eyed where the Belamo looks pretty normal. Also most triplets will have smaller fields of view (again maybe an incorrect trem) that the Belamo has.

Look for a aplanatic lens. It gives you a distortion-free view.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRogerPierce View Post
    Look for a aplanatic lens. It gives you a distortion-free view.
    Thanks for information about Aplanatic lens.
    O/T - Years ago at a photagraphy forum O/P asked about differences between perspectives and depth-of-field. The answers were – #1 No, #2 Yes, #3 You are asking the wrong question - followed by a lecture, #4 I’m confused and have same questions…..the thread ended with arguments about which lens is best to fry eggs using the sunlight.

+ Reply to Thread