Hello from Louisiana

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Politiceaux

Reaction score
Hi, all. New to the forum. Looking to learn much more about knives. Primarily interested in Japanese cutlery.

I currently have the following chef type knives:

MAC 8" hollow edge professional chef
MAC 9.5" professional chef
Henckels pro 7" chef
Henckels twin signature 8" chef
Victorinox Fibrox 8" & 10" chef

Very unimpressive, I know. Looking to learn and figure out what I should add.

At least you’ll have the skills for when you get those new knives!

Welcome! That’s quiet the collection already! Time for some jknives

damn LA always seems to chill. whose gonna hit me with that crawfish boil recipe? I've done viet cajun crawfish a few times

make court bouilon, strain
add shallots, garlic, bay leaves, andouille sausage, corn on cobb, brandy, butter, cajun seasoning (such as chef paul prudhomme's blackened redfish magic seasoning), red potatoes, coriander, mustard seeds, 1 small can tomato sauce and cook until potatoes are done
add in rinsed crawfish and fresh dill, simmer on low for 5 min, turn off flame and rest another 10min before serving

for dipping: melted butter hot sauce and lemon juice

Maybe someone else can walk you through it because that’s the opposite of a crawfish boil.

QUOTE=panda;554840]make court bouilon, strain
add shallots, garlic, bay leaves, andouille sausage, corn on cobb, brandy, butter, cajun seasoning (such as chef paul prudhomme's blackened redfish magic seasoning), red potatoes, coriander, mustard seeds, 1 small can tomato sauce and cook until potatoes are done
add in rinsed crawfish and fresh dill, simmer on low for 5 min, turn off flame and rest another 10min before serving

for dipping: melted butter hot sauce and lemon juice[/QUOTE]

Using an ice chest as a “hot box” is great. Transfer the boiled crawfish to it directly after boiled. I like testing different finishing touches that may elevate the boil from the ice chest. Lemon zest, lime zest or whatever. Add finishing touches and stir it in. Let them mingle for a moment. Whatever you add post boil to the crawfish will get all over the finger tips of the people eating the crawfish, and those flavors will directly impact the experience as they’re peeling away the shell and sucking the heads imparting flavors into the meat from their very own finger tips.

Back