• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shig, Kato, Mazaki, Munetoshi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI,

We moved recently to a new city/country and our family will be expending soon! Need funds for the new beginning. Hate to sell some of these knives but I need to; rather than they are being drawer queens; someone else could benefit out of them! The Kato and Shig listed prices are what I have paid for them before to either Maxim or other members of the forum. All the prices are paypaled and shipped CONUS. cheers.

1. Mazaki Kasumi 180 mm Gyuto $125 usd - Used few times but knife had a dark patina on it

2. Mazaki Kasumi 240mm Gyuto $ 200 usd - Almost BNIB used only couple times for testing. newer grind

3. Kato 240 mm WH Gyuto $ 900 usd - Purchased 3 months ago from Valkyrae never used BNIB, hate to sell it, but i have to. This is how much I have paid to for it. Never used.

4. Shigefusa 210mm Deba $ 660 usd. -- BNIB Purchased from Nutmeg same price, that is how much I paid for it. The knife came with very very small chip at the tip. Should very easy fix. Although the knife is brand new the box is very beaten up this is how I got it from Nutmeg. I have tried to fix it as much as I could.

5. Munetoshi 240mm KU Gyuto $175 usd - BNIB newer used.

6. Munetoshi 165mm KU Petty $45 usd -- It is used and sharpened several limes. There is a small chip at the tip.

7. Shigefusa 165 mm KU Nakiri $295 usd - BNIB, it is only used once to test.

cheers,

There is no pictures of any of the knives.

Pmed you to buy the Kato a little while ago

I must resist... but hopefully one day I'll get to test drive a Kato WH. GLWS

Still don’t see any photos.

I tried to access it and thought it was not showing up. I clicked on the “X” on the top right corner. Once you click that, the photos should appear.

Very nice knives. GLWS.

Sent you a PM about the Mazaki Kasumi Gyuto, not sure if you got it. Very interested!

Didn’t get your feedback on the pm.
Let me know if Kato deal fell through

Thank you for letting me know!
Too bad so sad

The pictures don’t do the shig justice, it is an amazing knife. If you’ve ever wanted to filet a great white shark this is what you need!!

It is just me but seems like there is a minor crack on the ura side of the deba?

It is just me but seems like there is a minor crack on the ura side of the deba?

That is a lamination line, I have a similar one on my 210 deba and I have seen it in a few other debas as well, if anything it’s just a cosmetic imperfection, it does not effect the performance of the blade.
lamination.jpg

yes that's very common imperfection! All the knifes sold except shigs! No one seemed to be interested so I have also listed them on the bay.

Nakiri $250 usd and Deba $630. cheers.

$225 for a shig nakiri is a pretty decent price

glws

Back