Stefan's Anybody here who is good with a graphics program?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am terrible at drawing things and feel I don't have the time to get into learning a graphics program right now, so I was wondering if anybody here could help me out with a some drawings. I just want to add a few drawings to my website of how the handles are constructed, what parts to measure if you want a custom handle etc. I could probably do something amateurishly with Google Sketchup etc. but it should be a breeze for someone who has worked with programs like this before.

Thanks,

Stefan

Do you want a completely rendered drawing, or a picture that shows where to measure your knife?

For example, you could use a picture like this and show where people need to measure their current knife:

IMG_0148_1.jpg

Just replace the actual measurements with like "A - Length" and then a form to fill out all the required measurements.

What measurements do you need?

Overall Handle Length
Height x Width (at ferrule)
Height x Width (at end)
Tang Height
Tang Width

Other helpful info if they can provide it:
Knife Type, Length, Weight
Tang Length
Original Handle Weight

ChrisBelgium did some nice renders here:
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...ign-a-Forum-Knife!&p=3586&viewfull=1#post3586

Thanks, that woud be a great start. If you look at my webste and scroll down this page http://www.skeller.info/handles/test/?page_id=13 you can see the picture I borrowed from Gator where I have colored lines to show the measurements I need. My hope was that one could somehow get that into a 3-D picture that one can rotate to see the thing better. Of course, I could just take a number of pictures from different angles... I also want two pictures that show the inside construction of my handles ebcause it is different from the traditional burn-in Japanese handle.

Steve, I sent you a PM, thanks.

Back