Quantcast
Zwilling Bob Kramer Carbon Damascus 8" Chefs Knife - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zwilling Bob Kramer Carbon Damascus 8" Chefs Knife

Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    Oivind

Not sure what your talking about.

I recognized Joshua Bell immediately, ive seen him numerous times with Chicago symphony orchestra, there is nothing wrong with his branding, he paid $4 million for his violin !!

Sorry for being so unclear

Joshua had an experiment known as washington Post experiment. He played at a subway station for an hour.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnOPu0_YWhw

He is unknown for most people, and put out of his element (a stage) and into a subway shows how much branding and marketing actually means.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rader View Post
    Nice. My custom damascus integrals are less than that. I guess it's time for a raise...
    Sounds like a plan. Please put me on your list just before you raise the prices.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Alright, I didn't read the entire article, it's 7,500 words. Still, I don't think it is the best example for "how much branding and marketing actually means."

Oivind

Thats true of just about anyone famous.

Mother Teresa or The pope could walk down the average street if they were wearing levi's and a hoodie !!

99% of what we spend money on is dictated by branding and marketing, i think this forum though is not really about branding.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    Oivind

Thats true of just about anyone famous.

Mother Teresa or The pope could walk down the average street if they were wearing levi's and a hoodie !!

99% of what we spend money on is dictated by branding and marketing, i think this forum though is not really about branding.

Alan
    i think Mother Teresa would raise eyebrows even in Levis and a hoody, given that she's dead and all.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    i think Mother Teresa would raise eyebrows even in Levis and a hoody, given that she's dead and all.
    I'd bet money you wouldn't recognize her on a busy or even not particularly busy street.

I like how they say the knife is 'certified' by bob kramer to meet his standards.

Maybe Dave should hire a bunch of sharpeners and then he can 'certify' that the edges meet his standards. This way he can create a little sharpening sweat shop in PA and spend all of his time churning out knives

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rader View Post
    Nice. My custom damascus integrals are less than that. I guess it's time for a raise.

-M

+1 on Johnny's 1 of 1....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Hmmm. Well, each knife is already "1 of 1." That's pretty clear I think; do I really need to etch that on to each piece? It'd be easy enough to do, but wouldn't that seem a little... I don't know... cheesy? Manipulative?

-M

I think the points about branding and marketing are spot on. If your branding and marketing are well-known, you do not actually need to have talent. Maybe that's why so many people look on marketing people with a jaundiced eye.

(Not that BK doesn't have talent -- he sure seems to make a nice knife, and some of Zwelling's factory repros aren't half bad for the price)

+ Reply to Thread