D. Martell 52100 Martell Knives NOW available to order!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
52100 Martell Knives are NOW available to order! :cool2:

https://martellknives.com/pages/steel-info

• 52100 (High Carbon Ball Bearing Steel) NOW Available!

Heat Treat @ Rc62-63

Reference - 52100 Steel Composition Analysis

A tough high carbon ball bearing steel that provides great wear resistance & edge retention. Well known as being one of the best steels to make a high performance knife out of.

Give ya $20 and give ya a shout out on da gram. Seriously excited to see you moving from 01 to 52100, now you know my next question is when are we gonna see a honyaki #$$$$

I need a reminder, why are you ditching 01? And why do I need to start my Martell collection all over again....

(have any 01 blanks looking to move? I still need a Martell sujihiki)

I need a reminder, why are you ditching 01? And why do I need to start my Martell collection all over again....

(have any 01 blanks looking to move? I still need a Martell sujihiki)

Just looking to keep up with the cool kids. :D

I probably would've done this a long time ago but it's tough to get 52100 in the thickness we use for kitchen knives and I wanted a safer option when I first started out. O1 is still great as far as I'm concerned, this is just something different, maybe better.

Oh, and I have only qty.1 - 300mm sujihiki blank on the shelf hardened ready to grind. :thumbsup: I've got a couple of petties too but that's it.

I know I'm jacking your 52100 thread here, but do you have any desire to put my name on the suji blank and we can talk about it later?

Back