Masamoto KK KU Nakiri?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K813zra

Reaction score
Has anyone used the KK KU Nakiri from Masamoto? I did an archive search and could only find mention of it in a few threads with no actual talk of performance. Looks fairly tall for a 165 (55mm) and seems to have a bit of heft (180g), according to Koki's spec list on JCK. Looks to be pretty flat with a square vs rounded tip too. Not sure how that would work out in use, for me beings my Wat is quite curvaceous. They are out of stock there but other places have some.

Just curious. The only mention of performance I have seen was on the other forum, quite sometime ago, about the knife being heavy and wedging on sweet pots. :clown:

I am pretty set on the Nakiri front having a Wat but, you know how it is. :D I saw HRC64 post that AO-KO santoku the other day and one thing led to another and I was looking around a bit.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

I have one - I love it. The grind is quite hefty, and could be confused for left handed as the left side is not flat but has its own convexing. But somehow this grind, with its extra heft, gets through food very well. The steel gets crazy sharp, holds it for a long time, and is easy to sharpen, and I've never hand problems with chipping, even though I use it pretty much as a beater. It is prob my most used kitchen knife. The finish is not amazing, but mine has a blond ferrule, and the KU holds up well.

I have one - I love it. The grind is quite hefty, and could be confused for left handed as the left side is not flat but has its own convexing. But somehow this grind, with its extra heft, gets through food very well. The steel gets crazy sharp, holds it for a long time, and is easy to sharpen, and I've never hand problems with chipping, even though I use it pretty much as a beater. It is prob my most used kitchen knife. The finish is not amazing, but mine has a blond ferrule, and the KU holds up well.

Thank you. :)

Back