Hello KtchenKnife Forums

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlBC

Reaction score
Hi All,

From Canada. I'm moving into a more back of house role at work after managing the front for a while and learning about knives/looking to purchase some new ones and start my collection.

Loved the Knife Merchants videos on youtube and that sent me down a knife rabbit hole.

Hi All,

From Canada. I'm moving into a more back of house role at work after managing the front for a while and learning about knives/looking to purchase some new ones and start my collection.

Loved the Knife Merchants videos on youtube and that sent me down a knife rabbit hole.

Welcome fellow Canadian. I was about to ask where you are from here, but the name gave it away. You have some great restaurants out there!

Welcome fellow Canadian. I was about to ask where you are from here, but the name gave it away. You have some great restaurants out there!

I'm out in Vancouver :) Yeah we do! Granted I am an East Coaster at heart (from NY, tons of time in ON/QC) can't wait to get back to Quebec's markets - such better product. I like it out here but it's honestly missing a lot of that mid price range good restaurants for lunch and stuff. If I want to not save money for knives there are lots of places to eat though ;)

Ended up buying an Akifusa 240mm gyuto to start off the new collection, but most certainly will be drawing on the forum hands to help me move further - plus the sharpening forum will be a useful resource, need to finish sharpen the new thing but am a bit timid sharpening still (unsurprisingly my wrist angle changes when I switch sides of the blade a bit still)

Where are you, is there a big Canadian presence on here?

Back