Very new to this - very good experiences thus far

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson_Baboon

Reaction score
I've browsed a bit, but wanted to sing the praises of The Boardsmith and Japanese Knife Imports. I guess I need to post here first to prove I'm human first. I sometimes have my doubts about that, but you know, you need to pretend to get anywhere on the internet.

If you had told me a year ago that I would be so into kitchen knives now, I wouldn't have taken you seriously. I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but for various reasons I am finding this a very enjoyable hobby (i've always disliked categorizing things as hobbies, but I can't think of a better word for it). This is despite the fact that despite the excellent tutorials about sharpening, I'm finding that topic to be a bit intimidating right now, and have to remind myself that I can learn it slowly (as I guess most worthwhile skills must be learned.) I've never been handy with tools, etc, so I hope that I'll get there in time. I suppose that if I fail initially, I can get a knife professionally sharpened, and I'm lucky enough to live a few doors from The Town Cutler, in San Francisco.

You should check out bernal cutlery when you have a chance!

You should check out bernal cutlery when you have a chance!

Definitely mean to...i'm without wheels, and I'm using the somewhat inconvenient transportation as an excuse to save my $$$ at this point. I mean, I have so overspent at this in just my first few weeks. It does not bode well for my retirement.....

Bernal Cutlery is a short walk from 16th St BART, so no excuses!
I much prefer Bernal to Town...
Plus you can go across the street to Tartine before and after shopping.
Also a good excuse to grab a slice of pizza at Arinel on Valencia.

Bernal Cutlery is a short walk from 16th St BART, so no excuses!
I much prefer Bernal to Town...
Plus you can go across the street to Tartine before and after shopping.
Also a good excuse to grab a slice of pizza at Arinel on Valencia.

well, that leaves the excuse that I'm broke right now because of this miserable habit....i'll definitely head out there once I can spend some money, because if i went there now I'd just get myself more into debt. It will definitely happen.

Back