Roy's Folks Craft Show

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
The local Fox TV station, WGHP TV-8, has an an-air personality, Roy Ackland, who has had a feature called Roy's Folks where he interviews and features people with unusual hobbies, crafts or talents. I was featured about three or four years ago.

Each November they have a craft show with all the people who sell their goods which supports the Salvation Army and the joint TV/SA effort for toys for kids. Usually it is in the Salvation Army building but has grown to large for that venue. As an orphan show, they are always looking for a large enough building to hold their show and this year the hit a home run. Our local mall, Oak Hollow Mall in High Point, has fallen on hard times and is quite empty. JC Penny moved out this year leaving a huge hole which has benefited the craft show. They have managed to secure the use of the entire upper floor which has given the 70+ exhibitors more than ample room to display. I was lucky enough to get a large corner in the old shoe department. This is also the first time the show has been expanded to two days.

If you are in the area, come out. Admission is only $3 which goes to the Salvation Army 100%. Our booth fees, $20 for 2 days, also goes to the SA and most of the exhibitors usually contibute 10% of their sales as well.

DSC_0151.jpg
DSC_0148.jpg

Very nice display Dave! Hope you have lots of sales!!

How is the new location working out??

Cheers!!!....
:)

What an awesome display and great cause to be part of. I hope you kill em David!

I just got back from here, and Dave has a REALLY nice setup and selection if you're in the area. Some other neat crafts on display as well, but (and I might be biased) I think Dave might be showcasing the best stuff there by a long shot! Worth checking out even if you're not in the market for a board!

Is that entire display yours? That's huge!

What a day!

The space was easily twice the size of any display space I have ever had, the lighting was the best and we had a tremendous crowd. I didn't sell a ton but it was well worth the effort.

The TV station and Salvation Army sponsor a toys for children each Christmas. This is one of the sources for cash. The location is free and the SA collects $3.00 admission for each person and charges a very low $20 rent for the vendors. I estimate they had over 6000 attendees for the two days which, with the vendor fees, should have raised over $19,000. I was told yesterday there is a donor in High Point who has offered to double what was raised which will really help out the SA this year. Their people were all smiles yesterday afternoon.

With the former JC Penny store they hit a grand slam with the space. We kept the parking lot full most of the day and the shoppers left the show and entered the mall to shop which made the mall merchants very happy. With the larger amount of empty stores in the mall, any additional means to attract shoppers is welcomed.

Now all I have to do is unload the van and get back to work tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back