• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wtb kaeru 210/240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorndahl88

Reaction score
As the title says, i would like to buy a kaeru .
The condition on the knife isnt a Big concern to me, aslong it dosent have huge chips.
Shipped to Denmark

lol, OP means 'i want it cheap'

Jup, i got my toyamas, itinomonn and mazaki’s as my “exspensive” knives
Just need a good beater knife, for the hard materials [emoji4]

It ain't gonna be a Kaeru. You want a beater for hard stuff, get a Victorinox.

A vic dosent look good in my boldric [emoji28][emoji23]
P.s the kaeru would also be a knife i could lend my chefs/students without the Big concerns

Is the Kaeru not at a similar level to the Itinomonn's?

Ive seen the kaeru handling pork crackling and almonds etc without chipping I would never do that with my itinomonns [emoji4]
I got a chip on my itu from chopping roasted almonds, so never again [emoji28]

I’d still steer away from something as hard as a kaeru for what you’ve described. For stuff like that I pull out either the meat cleaver or ol’ sab

A vic dosent look good in my boldric [emoji28][emoji23]
P.s the kaeru would also be a knife i could lend my chefs/students without the Big concerns

Get a 10'' Vic chef knife with a rosewood handle then. :)
You can hack into big pumpkins, trim chicken/duck legs, etc. without worrying about chipping.
It's a good knife in the sub $50 category, if you just want a 'beater'.

Get a 10'' Vic chef knife with a rosewood handle then. :)
You can hack into big pumpkins, trim chicken/duck legs, etc. without worrying about chipping.
It's a good knife in the sub $50 category, if you just want a 'beater'.

I got Lots of Vic fibrox, and it sure is a Great knife for the rougher task, But when it comes to teaching sharpening it really falls off.
Gonna close this thread here, Thanks for the inputs and tips etc.

Latest posts

Back