Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The shave test

i try to look at all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    The reason why Eamon's rationale is flawed is because it implies that a hypothetical steel kitchen knife with an edge as sharp as obsidian would not be suitable for kitchen use.
    No, it doesn't. Allow me to clarify my point visually.

I don't disagree with the point you make; the flaw you cited was just a miscommunication.

i would shave my balls with any of my knives, if i were so inclined, and they all stay sharp for pretty reasonable amounts of time when used for more typical kitchen knife tasks. i'm not really sure what this thread is about, as sharp can stay sharp.

About the Hitler thing...I guess we need to hit the strops! Where's that .001 micron compound?

And the point of the thread is that:
    1. Face shave tests for kitchen knives are stupid.
    2. That guy is a total badass.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    i would shave my balls with any of my knives, if i were so inclined, and they all stay sharp for pretty reasonable amounts of time when used for more typical kitchen knife tasks. i'm not really sure what this thread is about, as sharp can stay sharp.
    Uh... Thank you for that visual...
    @Eamon: sounds good... except for the face-shaving with kitchen knives being stupid. I cannot agree with that having shaved exclusively with kitchen knives for about 4 months.

testicular shaving is the next stage, definitely.

I've never once considered putting any of my knives near my scrotum, but that is just me.

Stropping on the other hand....

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

You know, I seem to remember another thread months ago going into stropping at some point and then rapidly degenerating to this sort of talk...

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I've never once considered putting any of my knives near my scrotum, but that is just me.

Stropping on the other hand....

k.
    I literally LOL'd for once.

"come on baby just hold the angle steady and pull the strop back.....no don't whip it off just stop and lift my balls and do it again

Anyone know how to get the edges in that purple zone? seems like thats where the shi t is.