Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GIVEAWAY!! Christmas stocking stuffer GIVEAWAY!

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

I'm in! In my house we decorate the tree on Christmas Eve, make hot chocolate, and then at midnight choose one little present to open. The trick to choosing the best present is knowing which one will occupy you until you fall asleep. Around 10 Christmases ago I opened a game called Brain Warp. My brother and I stayed up for hours playing that game, and it was the best present I got that Christmas. I still have it. Great memory

Ok it's tomorrow already, so here's another! It's more weather.

The year after my senior year in high school, I had a band and a few good buddies and we were always hanging out, doing nothing, barely working because we had no needs--just slept on couches and whatnot. My girlfriend left with her family to Tennessee to have a snowy Christmas...and it didn't snow at all there. Meanwhile, in Rockport, it snowed for the first time in 100 years, we got 8 inches on Christmas morning. I had nothing to do but screw around with my bandmates throwing snow around, driving into small snowbanks, finding hills to skid down on trash can lids. Too bad my wife missed it, but it was a good time!

I'm in again...

A couple of years back i worked for a round the world yacht race team. We spent the christmas in South Africa. Being a Swede the weather was a little out of place. Anyway, the team rented a room at the botanical garden an we set up a great christmas dinner. Our Film/photo guy set up an elaborate scheme with multiple people acting as santa at different parts (outside in the garden, on the roof etc) to mesmerize the kids. In the end he appeared out of the chimney to give away presents. The kids were so happy.

This isn't a warm Christmas memory, but it certainly is something that I am often reminded of during Christmastime, and can maybe put some worry to rest!

We got a real tree when I was a kid, I guess because our fake one was worn out or something. But we hadn't used a real tree before, and we got that flame-retardant stuff to put in the water. Well, the tree lasted a pretty good amount of time, but in early January, the time came to toss it in the fortnightly burn pit out back. We threw it in there with our paper trash, branches, leaves and whatnot, and a little diesel and torched it, business as usual. After several hours of burning, the only thing in the pit was a pile of black ash and a single, pristine tree trunk. We were impressed, but left it in there to burn up over time. We took it out to the transfer station after a few months. That stuff really works!

Im in THIS[IMG][/IMG]
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

I used to have that bike in a green

Quote Originally Posted by RobinW View Post
    I'm in again...

A couple of years back i worked for a round the world yacht race team. We spent the christmas in South Africa. Being a Swede the weather was a little out of place. Anyway, the team rented a room at the botanical garden an we set up a great christmas dinner. Our Film/photo guy set up an elaborate scheme with multiple people acting as santa at different parts (outside in the garden, on the roof etc) to mesmerize the kids. In the end he appeared out of the chimney to give away presents. The kids were so happy.
    Kirtsenbosch?

Beautiful place. I'll be there in about a week.

I'm in again.....

As a kid and still a believer, one Christmas I got an electric train set and the tracks were attached to a piece of plywood! After the initial surprise, I started to wonder just how Santa got that piece of plywood down the chimney?? My mother's quick answer was that he came down the chimney and opened up the locked front door from the inside and then brought it in the front door. That sounded logical to me and I never questioned it again!! Until now!!!!!

I'm in- When I received an American Flier train set I was all agog. Then I heard my dad telling our neighbor how expensive it was. That was when I realized that there was no Santa.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Today's another day! I'm in again.

I used to believe in Santa, and then began to question his existence at about 5 years old. Then when I was 7, I got a "note from Santa" that was handwritten, and I noticed it had soot smudged on it. I was convinced for a few years, until my brother said all our toys were in the shop. Turns out it was ink from my father's fountain pen!