Quantcast
GIVEAWAY!! Christmas stocking stuffer GIVEAWAY! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GIVEAWAY!! Christmas stocking stuffer GIVEAWAY!

Im In.
    Several years ago when my wife was just my girlfriend. She always was generous and spoiled me. One particular xmas I wanted a Surround sound system from her. Well on xmas day we exchanged gifts and I did get some really nice stuff, but no system. At the end of the niight I was getting ready to go home, slightly sad at not getting what I wanted most of all. As I was leaving, she asked me to get he something out of the laundry room. And when I went in there, there was a big box with my new surround system in it.

I'm in. I used to know where my parents hid the presents, so I find out what I got before Christmas.

I'm in!

Funny that this question sparked an immediate memory. Normally the tree would wait to be set up when my brother and I were home for the holiday. Lately fake tree, so we would have to drag evertyting out of storage and set it up. My brother and I compete / gamble at everything, so the last Christmas I remember doing this before his family came to be, we were up til 5 or 6 in the morning alternating between setting up the Christmas tree and playing Axis and Allies of al things. Pretty sure I won, but it has been quite a while.

I'm in,
    My best Christmas memory was when we gave our Mother a ring with our birthstones (5).
    She shocked all of us when she tried to thank us and broke into tears.

Glen

Im in,

Best memories I have of Christmas are when I would watch "a Christmas story" with my family about 20 times Dec 1st- the 25th

Cool, I am in also, one can never have enough wood...

What comes to mind immediately was the Christmas when I was 6 years old. My Dad and my Grandpa had worked over weeks on setting up a little miniature train table with a nice landscape, a tunnel, some houses, a forest, cars & people, the whole works. Over it there was a model Lufthansa plain flying (i.e. hanging from the ceiling). My Dad took a super 8 move showing me when they bring me into the room on Christmas Eve, and I am jumping up and down with joy. I remember this fondly also because my Grandpa passed away shortly after that.

Stefan

I'm in!!

My two favourite Christmas meals of all time:

When I was about 9 we did the two family meals back to back on the 23rd and the 24th for some reason I cannot remember. Turkey, ham, stuffing, desert, the whole shebang. Come the actual night of Christmas we got home at about 7 pm and it was just my immediate family (mom, dad and sister) and we were all beat. Christmas dinner that year was Kraft Dinner in front of the tv. Loved it.

Every year mom does a good breakfast on Christmas morning. Always something baked, usually a kind of cake or something. Every year it's perfect, except for the one year her plastic bundt pan melted all over the cherry loaf she was making. She thought it was ruined and inedible and everything was ruinedandherlifewasoverandohmygodwhatdidIdo until dad and I just pried the melted plastic off the top and started ripping chinks off and digging in. To this day, I swear that was the tastiest thing that my mom has ever baked.

I'm in.

So my father likes to think he is hilarious. But it's a quirky sense of humor. When I was little, like most kids, Christmas morning I was up at the crack of dawn. I knew not to wake my folks, but no matter how quiet I tried to be, that just never seemed to happen. I never could understand what was wrong with starting Christmas morning at 6:30 - 7:00

Fast forward to today. Every year, my wife and I spend xmas with my folks, and every Christmas morning, at 6:30AM sharp my Father turns the sound system to full volume and blasts Joy to the World startling us both awake. Luckily this won't go on forever, though. He says he's only got three more years "till we're even."

I'm in.

I remember going on leave for Christmas at the last minute, flew down to my folks place and got there late christmas eve. Slept on the couch and was there for Christmas day suprising everyone. That was a good one

I guess I've always been a skeptical person, so it should come as no surprise that by the time I was 7 I was already beginning to doubt this whole "Santa Claus" story. I mean, one guy, with flying reindeer visits the whole world in a single night?! But that Christmas sealed my belief for years after. I woke up as usual and headed downstairs to ogle all of the goodies. The presents around the tree always drew my attention first, but when I went to the stockings hanging over our fire place, I noticed something. There were footprints in suit on the carpet leading away from the chimney!

Well I was so excited I immediately ran upstairs woke my father, and rushed him down to show him my discovery and, what was in my mind, the only logical explanation: Santa was REAL!!! Ever the opportunist, he quickly told me to go get my mother so she could see while he readied a video camera to catch my ecstatic explanation and dramatic re-enactment for my mother.

Of course, if I had been thinking clearly, I would have realized that I usually got yelled at twice a winter for doing the same thing "Santa" did. After all, that fireplace is VERY tricky to clean without getting some soot on your shoes, something my father had done Christmas eve. The video became part of the hour-long "Embarrassing Moments for my Son" (actual title) montage my father put together for my wife and I's rehearsal dinner.