Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GIVEAWAY!! Christmas stocking stuffer GIVEAWAY!

I'm in!

I do have a few stories of old :-) I'll write in over the coming days, but for now, my favorite Christmas is the one just a few weeks away. Christmas is nothing if not a time of hope.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

I'm in!

I got boxing gloves for Christmas last year. How wonderful and considerate my parents were to encourage my barbaric sport

I was working at a Freebirds(burrito place) in Austin and some folks were talking about what reminds them of Christmas. You know, music, decorations, etc. Then they started talking about "Christmas Movies", and I couldn't grasp what was being discussed.

Then I was informed that people watch certain movies, as a family, EVERY YEAR as part of a Christmas tradition. This still seems a little strange to me, we didn't really have traditions growing up.

But as a result, my wife and I have 3 Christmas-time movies: A Charlie Brown Christmas, Elf, and The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.

Cool

Hi! I'm in.

When I was a child we lived in a 2 story house and we were not allowed to do downstairs on Christmas morning until everyone was up and then we all went down the stairs together to see the tree and all the presents. To keep the kids pacified, Santa always left a couple of stocking on the end of our bed so we would have something to open when we as kids woke up too early. I really loved Christmas as a kid!

I'm in!

When I was younger, my brother and I both got TV's for christmas. Since the boxes were heavy my mother decided, instead of wrapping them she would put a blanket over them and we could just remove the blanket together to find out what was underneath. Needless to say, before my parents were up, my brother and I stunk down stair to look at the gifts. When we saw the blanket, we looked to see what was under it. When we all went down stairs later in the morning the TV's were gone. After we opened all of our gifts we pretended like we didn't know their were TV's earlier that morning. Then while we were eating breakfast my mother said "Boys, do you not think I put that blanket on top of your TV's in a very specific way that would let me know if you looked at them?" And my father said "and that is why you are not getting your TV's for a few weeks". Several weeks later, we got them. Looking back, I can't imagine how many other things my parents knew about.....

-Chuck

This is great guys, the stories keep getting better! Have fun and good luck to you guys on the drawing.
    -Randy Jr. (keep forgetting to log in)

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I grew up in south Texas, where there is literally no winter. We just got cold fronts in rapid succession from north Texas(Where I live now....we had a Christmas Eve blizzard two years ago).

One year, the fronts didn't blow in at the right time (1996 I believe), and I was jumping on a neighbor's trampoline sweating on Christmas day. It was 95 degrees.

I'm in!
    Soon to be third X-mas ago we had just settled down outside Philly and were a bit ancious on how christmas was going to be. With the help of the weather (lot's of snow) and a bit of guidance from new found friends we got all the stuff (food mostly) we long for and another ex-pat Swede turned up as the Swedish Santa for the kids...
    We have managed to keep the good traditions from a swedish Christmas and added some good US ones as well.

I'm in again!!

When I was a young we would go out in the woods to pick out a Christmas tree and my dad would cut it down and we would take it home and put it up, but it was never never decorated by us. It was one of the jobs that Santa did at our house for several years!! What a beautiful sight seeing the decorated tree Christmas morning.

I'm in, I suppose. Speaking of trees, when I was in high school our band did a Xmas tree hunt one year. We went up into the snow on Mt. Hood. A good memory that I had miss placed.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig