Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: GIVEAWAY!! Christmas stocking stuffer GIVEAWAY!

I'm in again.
    My wife always made a big deal out of decorating the tree with the kids.
    Then being the perfectionist, she would strip it down after they went to bed and totaly redo it (to the tune of about 4 hours). Magazine worthy by the way.
    They never realized it until they were grown and I ratted her out when we were telling funny Christmas stories.

Glen

O.k., I'm in again.

That last post reminded me of my Mom who is a little obsessive compulsive also One year I couldn't believe it when she had decorated the tree with tinsel (? the golden, hair-like threads) and then she got the scissors and cut them all even so they look pretty. I still tease her about that. She is also known for having thrown out sheets of christmas cookies that did not come out quite as perfect as she wanted, even though nobody else would have noticed. Fortunately, she has relaxed a bit and takes things easier these days.

Stefan

I'M IN
    Years ago we hosted Christmas dinner at our place for the extended families. We had finally wrangled everyone to the table and shushed the children so my wife’s sister could say grace. This is what it sounded like:

“Lord, we thank thee for thy—“
    “KALI-MAAAAA! KALI-MAAAAA!” “AAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGGHHHH!!!”

It was the heart-ripping-out human sacrifice scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom that we forgot was on the television. We also forgot that we had turned the volume up really loud so the kids could hear the movie over all the earlier noise. I asked one of our nephews to turn off the tv which he did. He was about 7 at that time and thought the moment was funny.

I'm in again!

My brother got a tape player and a Johnny Horton tape one year. He then played it over and over and over and over and over and over. My parents made him go to the shop and he sat there listening to it play over and over again while sanding some wood down or something. He probably barely remembers it, but it is ingrained in my memory. Check it out, I typed this from memory from over 15 years ago:
    In 1814 we took a little trip
    along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Mississip.
    We took a little bacon and we took a little beans,
    and we fought a bloody battle in the town of New Orleans.

Well, we fired our guns and British keep a-comin';
    there wasn't as many as there was a while ago.
    We fired once more and they began to runnin'
    along the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico...

Yeah. That Christmas left an impression.

my gi joes.[IMG][/IMG]
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

I got a Browning TBolt 22 as a compete surprise. Didn't know i wanted one, but had a lot of fun plinking. I'm in. David

I'm in! I can't remember what year this was but the Nintendo... wow that was something!
    [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][I]-"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"[/I][/FONT]

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by Twistington View Post
    I'm in! I can't remember what year this was but the Nintendo... wow that was something!

Thats awesome! And really brought a smile to my face!! Only a couple more days to enter!!! Thanks to everyone who has entered to far. Its easy to run through life we are so "BUSY" these days. And we often forget what got us where we are. and the fond memory's of Christmas pasts.

Its been a REAL JOY you guys are awesome!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Hey Guys, This was GREAT! I really loved reading your story's and reliving the memory's! Thanks. Your all winners in my book!

Im gona go to random number generator and get some winning numbers. Your post number is your entry.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to you all from Randy Jr and myself!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives