• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Learning Curve Moritaka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhenry

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone will be interested in this knife, but I thought I would put it out there and try. This is the knife that I have learned everything I know about knives on (not much) It's been thinned, re-profiled , polished. rounded, re-beveled, re-sharpened about a million times, rehandled (about 10 times). The handle that is on it now is one of my early ones so don't expect Marko like precision. It is Horn, with Bone spacers, Honduran Rosewood, and Mammoth tooth end cap. Symmetry issues are free of charge. 240mm Kiritsuki Gyuto. $100.00 Delivered in conUS
Thanks Mike

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

Handle looks cool as hell...you are practically giving this thing away. Wish I would of seen this 20 minutes ago.

Wow... Wish I had been on the computer rather than cooking dinner. Great snag Bao!

I'm glad Dave got the bugs fixed for the android. Otherwise I would not have seen this.

Handle looks cool as hell...you are practically giving this thing away. Wish I would of seen this 20 minutes ago.

I really didn't think anyone would want a knife I have been abusing the hell out of for the last year. Guess I was wrong again.

Abused, but well refurbished.

Thanks Mike,

Money sent.

Wow. That was quick. I totally missed the boat and I wasn't even working today.

Received the knife today. Thanks Mike. I don't know about you, but I am pretty glad that you beat up on this knife and it was your learning curve knife, because, your re-profile is pretty awesome. Actually, it is probably much better than the original state that Moritaka delivered it. You are pretty modest about your handle too. Beautiful handle with a tad bit of wabi-sabi. I tried handle making myself, and trust me, your work rivals the best. Thanks again for the bargain of the century.

Latest posts

Back