Quantcast
Customer Related Question: What Would You Do? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Customer Related Question: What Would You Do?

I would respond back and politely deny his request, then block his email.

Supply him the name of some of some other board makers and let him know that they would be better suited for his job.

Let me peruse what my old college Business Ethics textbook says.

Yes, aah yes, ...here it is:
    "Your sweat and hard work as a small businessman exempts you from giving a rat's ass about retaining a-holes as customers"

Think I remember this one from KF... this guy wasn't real forthcoming about the facts if I remember (?).

Still, an interesting business dilemma.
    If I were running CS for a large company in the public eye, the answer would be obvious.

But personally, if I was a small business owner I would join most of the chorus here and say he ain't worth the current or any potential future headache.
    Then, I would refer him to the closest competitor.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

I would tell him the pricing, give him a special rate

His money is the same as anyone else's, don't see why it would be a problem. Yes he was a d*ck in the past but for him to have come back to you means hopefully he has gotten past that and he appriciates the quality of your work. If he's coming back I see it as entirely plausible that he has recomended your work to others and if you do business with him I'm sure that would continue. If not it would cost you at least one customer and possibly several potential customers in the future. Im not saying I'd make him a priority but I don't see any hard in dealing with him again, the downside (none, he can't blast you again without being asked why he bought a second board) is far outweighed by the good side (at least one more paying customer potentially many). I would make sure the payment clears before shipping though incase he really is trying to pull one over on you and add a set of instructions for caring for the board in jumbo size font.

I agree with heckler.Take his money,don't make him a priority and make sure the cheque clears first..

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".

Politely decline his business.
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".

Politely decline his business.
    +1. And this is coming from Mr. Picky.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Thanks to everyone who replied. Your replies are welcomed and honored.

What I want to do and what I will do are two different things. I will keep everyone updated.

Well, it might be too late as it appears you have made up your mind, but I would say sell him the board despite the past and make sure to put explicit care instructions in the package. (You may already do this, I forget.) Anyhow, if he actually does recommend you, he will continue to do it, but he may not be telling the truth about this. Regardless, you kind of get him to shut up if he is ever out of line again. What dissatisfied customer is a repeat customer? If he ever takes your product to a forum discussion again, you will have on record that he has recommended you to others and he bought a second board from you. That's enough ammo to make most forum users not trust what he says.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson