Quantcast
Encouragement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Encouragement

Smile Encouragement

Hey Dave!

Again haven's seen many photos or posts from you here lately. Hoping it is because you are finishing up a boatload of knives and have had focus completely on that. If not, then know you have our support. I know you have been working through things and learning on the go, which I still say that's the best way to further yourself and grow your knowledge.

Anyways just dropping a line and am sure others feel the same my friend! Can't wait to see your upcoming stuff. Keep up the awesome work!

Kind Regards

Bryan

Hi Bryan,
    I wish I could say that the reason why I'm not getting much done is from learning but it's not, lately it's been these forums eating up my time. I hope to change that soon though.

Thanks for your words of encouragement - they mean a lot.

Dave

Hang in there, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Hi Bryan,
    I wish I could say that the reason why I'm not getting much done is from learning but it's not, lately it's been these forums eating up my time. I hope to change that soon though.

Thanks for your words of encouragement - they mean a lot.

Dave
    Years ago, Dave

My father was in The navy as a corpsman. He was stationed at Coquille Navy base in Oregon and his new job was to take over the dispensery and get it back into shape. The place was a mess, the records hadn't been maintained since world war two, The suppliers were cheating the government, theft was rampant, drugs kept dissappearing and the CO's wife was a drug whore, who was offering her services for whatever pain killers she could get. Needless to say he was overwhelmed.
    A week into his assignment the Admiral came in for an inspection tour, My father was still trying to clean up the mess and just hadn't gotten anywhere yet, when the Admiral asked him why the place was in such a state of disarray he told him what was going on and that he was overwhelmed, he didn't make excuses he just stated the facts. The Admiral listen to what he had to say and made no comments, then he left.
    A week later my father recieved an envelope in the mail from the Admiral's office. He just new that he was screwed. However, when he opened the envelope there was a little note that said "remember this" and a brass plaque that said

" WHEN YOU ARE UP TO YOUR ASS IN ALLIGATORS, IT IS DIFFICULT TO REMIND YOURSELF THAT YOUR INITIAL OBJECTIVE WAS TO DRAIN THE SWAMP!"

Drain the swamp, Dave. your doing a good job and you can't be all thing to all people. Some people will be happy and some won't. there will always be people who think they can do a better job, but you know what it's your job not theirs. Thank you.

so there!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Dave,

There will always be a vocal few who complain, no matter what you do. But there are now over a thousand of us who quietly think you have done a great job, and who learn a lot from this forum.

Keith
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

I always thought Dave responds to the "whip" better than the "carrot".

Dave, you stink! Get back to work ya bum!!
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I always thought Dave responds to the "whip" better than the "carrot".

Dave, you stink! Get back to work ya bum!!
    Isn't that the "stick."