Some burl on burl action

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhenry

Reaction score
I wouldn't normally put two burls togeather, but I kinda like these two. I was going to use the rosewood for the ferrule and Maple for the handle. What do you guys think, should I? Its going on one of my knives:wink:

IMG_0708.jpg

I think that would be a great combo. Since the grain pattern is pretty similar, I think they would match up well and provide nice color contrast.

Seems like a very Del-esque thing to do. I don't hear too many people complaining about his choices in handle material.

I think it would work out really good.
Good contrasting colors as opposed to clashing.
I bet it would look really good if you used a black spacer between the two different woods.

I agree with the black spacer suggestion. And I would make sure there is enough rosewood left for a handle, looks like a great piece...

Stefan

I think it would cool the other way around if the rosewood is big enough for a handle.

The maple kinda looks like a blond ferrule on a rosewood wa knife

Stefan, I have another big block for a handle, bought the small block to use for ferrules this stuff was expensive!!

I don't think I've really seen many knives with the lighter colour handle and dark ferrule with woods like these, it sounds like it would look interesting

Its pretty much done. I like it. Now I gotta figure what knife to put it on

IMG_0721.jpg

A takeda, no doubt. Nice work as always Mike.

I am running out of Takedas to re-handle. Logging on to AZCK right now I need a Nakiri

Back