Tuna skin

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowtyper

Reaction score
Any of you do anything with it? I deep fried them as a snack one time but its not something I'd do often and they just go in the trash. Just wondering if there is a better use for it.

I had a fellow itamae from Hong Kong that would cook it in some strange mirin-soy-ginger concotion for a really long time. It came out like the cartilage stuff that you get in good bowls of pho. Pretty tasty. Just took hours to soften it up.

Played with it.... Never got anything worth repeating. Roasting the head whole however is great!

I had a fellow itamae from Hong Kong that would cook it in some strange mirin-soy-ginger concotion for a really long time. It came out like the cartilage stuff that you get in good bowls of pho. Pretty tasty. Just took hours to soften it up.

Do you mean like the tendon in pho or actual bits of crunchy cartiledge? I looooove tendon. Either way I will give it a shot, thanks for the tip.

Or use it as a test surface when you do an edge destruction test? :dontknow:

Back