Handle convert?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chef Niloc

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone ever convert a Japanese blade to a western style handle?

Anyone ever convert a Japanese blade to a western style handle?

Haven't seen one, but it is possible. The handle would be a hidden tang handle, similar how Hoss does on his Western gyuto and custom orders.

M

If there is a machi on the tang it will look nicer and make the job easier.Like marko said,Hoss's handles are hidden tang.Hey! that does sound like a cool project do you mind if i steal it?

If there is a machi on the tang it will look nicer and make the job easier.Like marko said,Hoss's handles are hidden tang.Hey! that does sound like a cool project do you mind if i steal it?

Have fun

I want a single bevel yanagi with a western handle.

Butch has been making some single bevel yanagis and has really nice western handles. Maybe he can do both in one project for ya.

I think he has me on a list for one, but it's been a few years. Thought it might be easer/ quicker to just rehandle one I have.

001-41.jpg

003-34.jpg

005-26.jpg

006-23.jpg

009-16.jpg

011-10.jpg

Here's a Wa to Yo conversion on my Tad.This is a Hoss inspired hidden tang,and my first attempt at a hidden tang.The wood is ironwood burl and a brass bolster.

Back