• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Lefty Yanagi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is of course good that postings keeps the thead on top, but i was hoping for another kind of answers...:crytissue:

And i wouldof course be fine with a two person passaround. Us handicaped must stick together!

Cyber Monday is coming, and The Epicurean Edge has plenty of left-handed yanagibas. Whether they will go on sale is unknown, but it's worth checking every hour.

Vertigo and PTiger. You guys are great! Haha

I feel for the OP. Being a lefty sucks for single bevel knives. Paying 40-50% extra for being better than everyone else is hard to take. I bought a lefty usuba a while ago which was dear as hell, could have pretty much bought any well-known maker I wanted but I bought a less-well known one and paid through the nose.

Keiichi at BluewayJapan has a few lefty usubas and yanagis but I'm not sure if they're what you're looking for, they are pretty cheap. If I were you I'd try a Watanabe maybe if you're gonna get a new one. Wouldn't be cheap, but not as expensive as others about

I've heard good things of the Yoshikane Suminagashi @ epicedge....

Also, has anyone bugged Salty; he's selling off some lesser used stuff, and I know he has a lefty....

Back