Japanese Knives JKI Soap

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
We stopped by a local boutique soap maker recently, picking up gifts for a friends birthday. While there, I found a soap that i thought would work amazingly well for getting all of the metal and stone residue off of my hands after sharpening. I tested it out for a bit and then contacted the company about the prospect of a custom soap (we made a couple of changes to improve its ability of get grime off of my hands). And so here are the first pictures of our NEW JKI SOAP. It is handmade with 100% natural ingredients locally. Gets your hands clean, good for your skin, and smells good too ;)

This is what i use now in the store to get all of the black off of my hands after sharpening.

(The stone contains locally sources natural abrasives- pumice ;) )

Expect to see it on the site soon...

315972_10150388112133860_369479678859_8421841_773535421_n.jpg

382322_10150388112208860_369479678859_8421843_302737430_n.jpg

316974_10150388112268860_369479678859_8421844_1561289384_n.jpg

382322_10150388112208860_369479678859_8421843_302737430_n.jpg

Yes that black crap can be a pain in the butt to get off!! :butbutbut: I'll be watching for it on your site.

Jon do you happen to know the ingredients? That's a nice soap dock too!

Is it a splash & go, or a permasoak?

(cough) I hope you have some in the store for sale...

i can look and see what the soap holder cost... honestly dont remember. I think the soap will be about $7.50. And, Jim, i can get the ingredients for you later this evening if you would like.

Is it a splash & go, or a permasoak?

(cough) I hope you have some in the store for sale...

haha... maybe 220 grit splash and go... it tends to get a soft feeling in the surface when permasoaked... kind of like the super stones :p

i have them in store to try out and for sale... gonna try to get them on the website tomorrow

ingredients would be great. If my wife approves, I'll def get some.

so, the ingredients:
olive oil, shea butter, hemp seed oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, palm oil, pumice from a relatively local area, eucalyptus essential oil, and some other essential oil i cant pronounce.

As for the smell, it smells good, but not overwhelming... nothing like lush or bodyshop (i actually cant go in those places without sneezing).

On the wood holders, i will ask my guys tomorrow. I would guess they would be about $8 or $9 for the holders. No clue what kind of wood though.

May have to stop by again this week. What days are you going to be open?

-Chuck

closed on thursday, so normal week for me

Also, just so you guys know, these soaps are pretty large... about 6-7oz (as opposed to the ~4oz soaps you normally see). We've got them out at the store for any locals that want to stop by and try it.

alright guys... i just asked about the wood soap dishes (like in the pictures)... i'll have 10 on friday. They should be about $6.50.

i could use some of that soap, right now, after repairing a nasty chip and thinning out one my knives i look like i've been working in a coal mine.

Not that this is not a cool product, but I am a little surprised at the response this soap has gotten. Trip to Bath and Body works anyone? j/k it probably has more to do with Jon and Sara's kick A service than anything else. (and I will probably buy some)

Not that this is not a cool product, but I am a little surprised at the response this soap has gotten. Trip to Bath and Body works anyone? j/k it probably has more to do with Jon and Sara's kick A service than anything else. (and I will probably buy some)

if Jon says it cleans knife crap well and doesn't stink a bunch, then it's a million times better than anything Bath and Body Works sells.

This is a cool idea, but if you guys think the black from sharpening is bad, the black from hand sanding is 10x worse. I sometimes have to scrub for half an hour to get it all off(doing dishes for a couple of hours works too)
Del

I'll have to try this stuff. I can't say I have tons of trouble getting rid of the swarf...

Jon, you sure need some logo or JKI initials stamped into the soap...

Back