Silly wood for a handle or not ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about this piece, I think it would look great with a mirror finished knife, not silly at all, and truly unique.

And you could have a unicorn engraved on the blade!

I would make something pimpy with it,but that's just me.

I'm sure that will look nice when it's finished. If you want to see silly, search for butch's 'smashed hippie' mycarta ;)

Stefan

Ok

Gotta ask, how do you pimp a knife ?

Take a look at Daves re-handle galley, Stefans website and the Fish gallery. Should pretty much answer that.

(I would link,but I'm using my phone)

Ok

Gotta ask, how do you pimp a knife ?

005-5.jpg

Like this.

mmmm

in that case i must be a pimp, thats looks great to me !!!

Purple is a color of royalty after all :) I really like some of the cool colored stuff...That piece is really nice!

Not silly at all, you better buy it before I do!

I think it would look great. It reminds me of the finish on the Ibanez rga427z which I love and want badly.
img_2986.max.jpg

personally, i don't really go for the weird colors. I'm not a fan of most of the green dyed stabilized woods i've seen, either. that purple's a bit bright for my liking. i dunno, call me old-fashioned, but i think wood should be wood-colored (purpleheart notwithstanding).

Well I see that piece is gone. I hope you got it and at the one-day sale price to boot.

I did a couple of purple western handles this year. I think that depending on what you get it can be pretty nice looking but that depends on your sense of style I guess.

I did a couple of purple western handles this year. I think that depending on what you get it can be pretty nice looking but that depends on your sense of style I guess.

I have both pink and purple handles.

IMG_0530.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG

Ahoy sailor!

I did pick up that peice

Still cant decide for my next custom if i go purple or get some of that Ironwood today !!

I think you should do green spacers, a gold end cap and gold mosaic pins; you can call it the Snoop Dogg Knife...

Is this purple dyed lacewood?

Sycamore if memory serves me correctly. From Burl Source. He has it dyed in a couple colors. It looks great in person, some metallic sparkle and color change as you move it around.

Back