Quantcast
pass around - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: pass around

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    so I have been thinking about a semi custom/midtech type line of knives. water jet cut blanks triple quench etc.. premade wa handles so I would do the grinding and heat treat and then assemble them. I was thinking that I could maybe do about 25 knife batches three or for times a year all the same style/size per batch. considering a prototype mid tech for the pass around. what do y'all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burke View Post
    so I have been thinking about a semi custom/midtech type line of knives. water jet cut blanks triple quench etc.. premade wa handles so I would do the grinding and heat treat and then assemble them. I was thinking that I could maybe do about 25 knife batches three or for times a year all the same style/size per batch. considering a prototype mid tech for the pass around. what do y'all think?
    Please do that!!

Why would you do that and what would it cost a piece?

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

I like that idea very much.

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    good question.
    Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    Why would you do that and what would it cost a piece?

I think that would be a great way to get your knives into more hands

Cool

Hi Bill,

I think that is a winning idea!! What type of steel do you think you would use?? Please put my name down on the list for the first batch!!

Engorged Member
    I'm in. 13 is my lucky number so is love to get #13!

Guess a 52100 core san mai would be impossible for a mid tech, lol. Great idea. I don't think you would have any problems selling them all.

Depends. If it's AWESOME, please do. I'd rather buy AWESOME without the fancy.