Quantcast
Explain Your Username (if you want to) - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain Your Username (if you want to)

Quote Originally Posted by TamanegiKin View Post
    Nice! When I was working at a bike shop my coworker had a fuso that he commuted half way across l.a. on daily. Unfortunately it was stolen in downtown one morning, surely by someone who had no clue what they just stole.

My name is my attempt at Japanese slang. I was big in to the drift scene since 2000 when it hadn't really blown up yet. My best friend and I used to rent drift videos from little Tokyo in downtown (option and drift tengoku). Anyway, from the vids the dude who brought drifting to competitive racing in Japans name is Keich Tsuchiya otherwise known as Dori-Kin (drift king). I took kin and placed tamanegi (onion according to Google translator) in front of it. It is supposed to mean onion king. My coworkers started calling me this in Spanish after I had to haul ass through a sack of onions for pico during service. Anyway, its my attempt at combing two obsessions of mine, past and present LOL. Light hearted and not to be taken seriously
    I would have never expected you to be into drifting after finding out your taste in music.
    I can't imagine there are a lot of drifters driving around cranking Delta Spirit or Deer Tick.
    Btw Deer Tick was just in Toronto and I missed out

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Vertigo is a nod to my late 90s competitive FPS gaming, when an observer noted that trying to track all of us spastic and twitchy bunny-hopping rocket jumpers made him feel nauseous.

Quote Originally Posted by bikehunter View Post
    I collect vintage road bicycles. Since they are increasingly hard to find...I have to hunt for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I hear that! I'm still on the lookout for Merckx or De Rosa from the late 1980s-ish. Or a Fuso...3Rensho...haha whatever.
    Not really a collector, but I still have my old SLX Guerciotti.

I'd love to get my hands on a 7-11 team "Huffy." They hardly ever come up, but if you ever see one in 56cm let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Snips View Post
    Mine is from my favorite episode of my favorite show...Futurama.

Less than Hero, season 4 episode 5.

the day that show aired i changed my handle on counterstrike to this and it has been my handle from forums to video games and everything in between ever since.
    Haha, I love both Futurama and Counterstrike.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Vertigo is a nod to my late 90s competitive FPS gaming, when an observer noted that trying to track all of us spastic and twitchy bunny-hopping rocket jumpers made him feel nauseous.
    Tribes!

Cool

I have always liked big block Chevy motors, and anything with 396 cubic inches or bigger are called "Rat" motors. My first Corvette had a 454 ci motor and I named it "Ratton", and I have used that name on forums. I still have that '71 Vette and a boat with a 502 ci rat motor in it!

I was always more of a Mopar guy myself..67 Charger, 67 Coronet R/T, 67 GTX. All 440's.
    Ahh...the good ol' days.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Besides being a chef I'm a recording artist on the side. While in college we used to do a lot of shows at bars, house parties, clubs, venues what have you. I would always rhyme about ancient aliens, origami samaurai, nephillium, robotic overloards and the impending doom of the apocalypse etc. Some body who went after me started with something like "Hey yo, Rick's got theories...." Then it just morphed into "Hey yo it's Rick Theory..." So that's what I became known as, Rick Theory.

I alternate the caps cause it just pops out at your eye. What I find interesting is that when forumites mention me or speak to me they too alternate the caps lol

BTW I have a lot of crazy songs if you guys ever want to hear them.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

I picked it up in the joint....kidding

I'm left-handed haha
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com