Quantcast
Explain Your Username (if you want to) - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain Your Username (if you want to)

Mine is a that I tend to be more comfortable in the water than on land and especially diving, thus the Deep Sea - Changing the Sea to C is a play since my last name is Carlson and with a name like Carlson you can probably guess my nationality.

What a cool thread! Bobcats are common in the mountains around here and I fancy my self lithe and catlike....although I am really a 60 year old grandmother with a knife fetish!
    “Lettuce is divine, although I’m not sure it’s really a food.” D. Vreeland

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Mine is totally original. I was making a new account for World of Warcraft and every thing I could think of came up as being used. I ended up making up crothcipt not sure the thinking anymore. I have since changed the account name, I have a you tube account and other accounts with the same name.

Crap now I have to change all my account names.

I got the nickname Taz in High School. I did the Hammer Throw in Track and Field and spun very quickly, sometimes too quickly!! At the State Open, there was a little kids watching the events. After I threw, he says to someone else "He spins like Taz!" Of course it was on one of the throws where I spun a little too fast and the hammer cleared the safety cage about 45 degrees from where it should have gone. Everyone who heard it started laughing and the name stuck. Plus the fact that I talk quickly and people have a hard time understanding what I am saying (I got "most words per minute" in High School) and sometimes I have a huge appetite (box of hamburger helper with half bag of frozen veggies, 1# hamburg is dinner, followed up with a Pint of Ben and Jerrys) and the name fits pretty well. The 575 comes from when I threw 57'5" in the 25# weigh throw my Senior year in High School when I took 12th at the National Championships.

I am Taz575 on most forums (usually knives, guns or fishing), with one Taz and a Tim J thrown in there, both other knife forums

I gave my wife an English Bulldog puppy not long after we married. She named him Bacchus. She loved that dog.
    When he was seven, he ran off......chasing some bitches. He was gone for six months. She missed him dearly. Then my wife found him and he was returned to us. The first thing she did was have him castrated.
    It made an impression on both the dog and me!
    He died at thirteen, quite old for a bulldog.

Chifunda: name of the tribal chieftain of a region on the Luangwa river in Zambia. We were hunting in the area and he invited us to visit him in his "castle" as a courtesy.

He was quite an elderly old gentleman and still spoke Fanagalo, a trade language developed to allow the various tribes working the mines in southern Africa to communicate with one another. Analogous, I suppose, to Swahili in East Africa.

His name stuck in my head and I must say, I've never tried to register on a forum and been told that user name was already taken.

Very cool thread! Mine came from my 69' Corvette - big block, convertible, side pipes, classic.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I love ponies, kittens, unicorns and Justin Beiber.

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    ...and long walks in the rain.

+ Reply to Thread