Quantcast
Explain Your Username (if you want to) - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain Your Username (if you want to)

My name is simple, before becoming obsessed with cooking and Japanese kitchen cutlery I was deep into the audiophile world, hence the name stereo.pete.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogbacchus View Post
    He died at thirteen, quite old for a bulldog.
    I have an English Bulldog. She's 12 now, quite old for a bulldog. Little to no health problems, but when she snores......she shakes the foundation of my house!!! And the farts.............chemical warfare! Did I mention she weighs in at 72lbs. A beast.

How i like my edges and my women

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    I have an English Bulldog. She's 12 now, quite old for a bulldog. Little to no health problems, but when she snores......she shakes the foundation of my house!!! And the farts.............chemical warfare! Did I mention she weighs in at 72lbs. A beast.
    Congrats on your bulldog. They are great pets.
    Send me a pic of her please. I'd love to see her.
    "silent but deadly" are the farts, for sure.

For those who have forgotten or didn't care and recent arrivals:

Most places I'm Saltydog. Even in real life a lot of people refer to me as Salty. It stems from a T-shirt I wore on a hot summer night working the line. I was wearing a shirt with a pegged leg pirate dog on it. (Exactly my style) At the end of the night my black shirt had mutiple salt rings on it. Some suggested that the "sea dog" should be "Saltydog". It stuck. (And it fits my demeaner)

My gaming name has been "FNG Idiotking" since 2002. I'm Idiotking on KF because Saltydog was taken.

That comes from a sign my wife gave me to hang in the kitchen. It read: "All men are idiots and my husband is the king"

How true.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    That comes from a sign my wife gave me to hang in the kitchen. It read: "All men are idiots and my husband is the king"

How true.
    Ever since seeing that on a bumper sticker back in the '80's and I've been telling people that's what my wife says about me.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

geezr = old

Quote Originally Posted by obtuse View Post
    LOL. That's a good one.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by obtuse View Post
    I hope you like women's shape being obtuse and not their personality.

I like my women like I like my coffee....

Full of Booze.

Me and a couple of friends started an internet firm during my university studies in Oslo (long gone now...). At the time there was a cartoon animation series called Ren & Stimpy that we were watching all the time, and one of the characters was Captain Ren Höek. When we set up the servers for the business we decided to use use the höek name, but had to modify it to contain american characters only. The servers were named after the colour of the chassis and thus were named RedHoek, BlackHoek, WhiteHoek and BlueHoek. I was in charge of a dark grey firewall server that was called DarkHoek, and I thought the name was so connected to my life in cyberspace that I tend to use it as my standard callsign out there. What characters are capitals and not are pretty much random.

DarkHOeK