Quantcast
Explain Your Username (if you want to) - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Explain Your Username (if you want to)

Much like many - had this name for a long time, and created it way back in AOL/Compuserve days. Just stuck. Ski because I loved to ski (havent been in ages), ajl for initials, and 6297 being a relic of AOL. Hence my long and painful (but still with me) internet name.

I have always appreciated badgers. Badgers are amazingly strong creatures, that when unmolested are content to mosey about through the world. When confronted, they freak out, and rip limbs off of whatever gets in its way. I like to think my 'spirit animal' is a big ol' freaking badger.
    Jazzy has always simply been a word I enjoy saying, as has Snazzy. I have been SnazzyBazil or Jazzybadger on the internet pretty much since I have been using the internet, which has been ever since I was about 13 years old.

I said it earlier in the thread somewhere, maybe a year or two ago, but it's a nickname given to me by one of the chefs that I work for off n' on. Recently he's taken to calling me Iceman due to my mirrored aviators. He called me neo and spiderman for a while too. Spidey is what he most commonly uses these days.

Explain your User Name.

I've notice that may of you have very exotic, sometimes cryptic and/or unusual user names. I was wondering if some of you might share their origins with the forum. Mine is pretty straight forward. Before I started Dream Burls I was Uptothehilt, which is also pretty straight forward. Where does yours come from? Thanks for sharing.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Thanks kk. Didn't realize, should have check first. Maybe some of the newer members would like to share their derivations?

Scrap is just what I dubbed my old trumpet as a joke - claiming that by my senior year of high school that's all it would be (I was Kind of bad at taking care of / not dropping it) I used it as a name in a trumpet forum and it sort of carried over. I typically use either this name or brasschef...because food and trumpets.

Quote Originally Posted by toddnmd View Post
    I'm Todd. I live in Maryland (nmd).
    When I read this, I heard it in Jack Webb's voice.

Cheers,

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by jackslimpson View Post
    When I read this, I heard it in Jack Webb's voice.
    I wonder how many members know who Jack Webb was. Probably just us "old timers".

Engorged Member
    I have fished all my life. When I was a wee lad I would get sent off to my grand parents for the summer. I had one set of grand parents with a lake house in the North Woods of New York and another in the Keys of Florida. My father enjoyed fishing and would take us as a family up and down Baja and into the Rockies to fish.

When I was 7 or 8 my family spent about 2 weeks at a fishing resort between La Paz and Cabo. Everyday we would go out with the same guide. He ended up knick-naming all of us and I ended up being named "El Pescador" (THE Fisherman) because he was convinced that I was the only one that could truly fish much to the consternation of my Father who considers himself an expert. It ended up being a joke in the family because I am naturally a much better fisherman than everyone else. (when everyone else is looking at a river, I'm looking for rising fish, eddies and deep water pools)

The first forum that I participated in was a West Coast fishing forum that I ended joining b/c of my father. It pisses him off to this day to see me post there as "El Pescador" I no longer fish like I used to, but I still manage to fish or spear fish 60 days a year. My newest passion is surf fishing with a fly rod (6wt) in front of my house. (one of the reasons that I haven't called you lately Mike!). I'll do a long range boat this fall and plan on spending 10 days in Montana in September fishing both sides of the Continental Divide.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

+ Reply to Thread