Quantcast
Explain Your Username (if you want to) - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain Your Username (if you want to)

When I was dating my wife, I used to tease her a lot, so she started calling me "ecchi guy". So I figured I stick an 'ef' on the back end to make it more cryptic. Most people see it as e.c. chef. A totally inside joke between me and my wife.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Mine is pretty easy - I had latin in school for a long time (not that I remember much) and I love cook books. When I chose the name, my understanding was that Marcus Gavius Apicius was the author of the first still existing Roman cook book. Today it seems understood that this was more an old Roman recipe collection that now runs as Apicius, but MG Apicius still was a guy who knew about and appreciated the good things in life - sounded like me The '9' was suggested by some program because apicius was taken already (which really surprised me). I have carried the name around for a long time now, but if I had to do it again I would choose mgapicius. Or maybe Trimalchio if he hadn't been such a jerk. - those of you who read their Sallust will know...

Stefan

I'm not very creative. When I got my first and so far only SUV, I searched around for forums for my truck. So when I registered for one of the Toyota 4Runner forums I took pieces of the name from my 1999 4Runner Limited 4x4 for my user name.

From time to time my girlfriend will karate chop me and when does she will say "hattorichop" at the same time. So when I asked for her advice on picking a user name for this forum she immediately said "hattorichop" so hattorichop it is!

This is actually the first and only time that I have actually ever used my name as my username. Just about everything else I am known as Nativeedge. when I was about fifteen I started making knives out of old files, antler or bones and sold them at pow wows and reenactments to mountain men. I thought I needed to be a little more professional so I had a bunch of business cards printed up with the business name of Native Edge, as I was half native and I made knives and weapons. Been with me ever since and every business endeavor has had the same name since.

Engorged Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    i named myself after some mythical knife-obsessed hermit
    ...who sells soap!

For about 5 years ago I was rocking a solid 40-41°C(104-105.8°F) fever for some days, a friend that lived in my apartment at the time persuaded me in to the world of warcraft addiction and when I named my toon the fever made me recall some old swedish comedy act with a character named "Albert Twistington Fykes" in it... and it stuck.
    -"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    i named myself after some mythical knife-obsessed hermit
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    ...who sells soap!
    He's like Tyler Durden.

JohnnyChance is just my full name shortened: Jonathon Chancellor the Third, Esquire.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Auburn Tigers fan living, where else, Pensacola. If I ever move, I'm in trouble.
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”