smoked duck breast for appetizer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
dde7285b.jpg

670236f0.jpg

b1f356a6.jpg

b8a68a18.jpg

18908a06.jpg

3a068301.jpg

will be sliced thin and floated on steaming duck demi on a deep rimmed plate

Looks fantastic! How long did you smoke it and using what wood? Do you make your own duck demi?

If you don't remember, I think we met at the ECG and you're not far from me. What time are you serving the appetizers?

Looks fantastic! How long did you smoke it and using what wood? Do you make your own duck demi?

If you don't remember, I think we met at the ECG and you're not far from me. What time are you serving the appetizers?

smoked on big green egg at 300 with 3 pieces of cherry wood about the size of shot glasses .. time was less than an hour but i cook to temp of 150 so it is still a bit under cooked, the steaming demi finishes the cooking on the plate. i bought D'Artagnan duck demi from wegmans. will be serving at a friends house who knows what time dinner is generally at the mercy of the alcohol consumption

That does look good! I have a whole duck, split in half, given to me by friends when I helped them butcher and pluck their 8 ducks. Now I know what I'll do with it --- smoke it!

Wow! wonderful. That cross cut came out beautifully.

That is just about the prettiest piece of duck I think that I've ever seen!

Where abouts in S.E. PA?

I grew up in Millersville, but I've been in CA for - going on 40 years.

James

Very nice! I was a little worried about it falling off your spatula in the last picture.

Back