Media Beat that!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;dNrHj82gZqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNrHj82gZqg&feature=related  [/video]

[video=youtube;kJcY3NXLBYg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJcY3NXLBYg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

I never knew Ben Stein sold knives for a living nowadays.

I'd say the apple trick was more of a "cool cut" or nice swing then a sharpness test?

This is a old one and I know pictures are not as impressive as video, but I'd say fish heads a lot harder then apples. I do this trick all the time at work just for fun. I line up all the heads from the fish I just cut and see how many I can swing threw with out them falling over. My record is 4 heads clean cut, 7 heads with the last 3 falling over. Now that I can shoot video on my phone I'll start taking some, still have to figure out how to post them:(

93af85fd.png

52b83b49.png

O you can't see the knife in this pic, Burke Suji

:rofl:
At 28 seconds, the apple's secret revealed. I was actually pretty impressed for 27 seconds.

At 2min mark in the tomato video, the absurdity hit me, and I was thinking "*** is going on right now? Are we really throwing fruit at knives in clamps?" Feels a bit dada.

Of all the posted videos I have viewed so far the most challenging one has to be the one Salty did when he peeled a tomato free standing on the cutting board. U MEMBER.....I've tried that one and it IS difficult.

It would be more impressive if the apples were not pinned to the plank.

Oooo I missed that.... That's BS then, most knives can do that.

Let's check that Bob Kramer didn't glue the water bottles to the table when he did his multiple bottles cutting test. Haha. The pegging apples was ingenious. I could never think of that.

Yeah, for the first 26 seconds of the apple video I was pretty impressed.

I was wondering the same thing about the apples because the bottles usually move when you cut them.....as in cleft halves of bottles and water flying everywhere.:lol2: One of the neater tricks that I have seen was Kevin Cashen cutting empty half liter water bottles with a big O1/L6 damascus chopper.
Let's check that Bob Kramer didn't glue the water bottles to the table when he did his multiple bottles cutting test. Haha. The pegging apples was ingenious. I could never think of that.

Back