Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: c-dawg's stash for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by C_Dawg View Post
    shigeki's cousin is now pending
    and it's sold!

Carter Miroshi is now pending.

One down... itch itch....

Carter Miroshi is back up for sale!

You know what Carter cleaver would go for today if you went to him for one? I'd bet a hell of a lot more than what you're asking here. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    You know what Carter cleaver would go for today if you went to him for one? I'd bet a hell of a lot more than what you're asking here. Damn!
    Lol, IFF he will make you one, I have been barking up that tree to no avail.

If I keep looking in here my wife will kill me...

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post
    If I keep looking in here my wife will kill me...
    What knife will she use?

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    What knife will she use?

Stefan

I just keep looking at those Carters... Both are a pretty amazing deals considering the price / availability of custom work from him now. If I had an unspoken-for $3K kicking around I'd buy em both in an instant. Sadly, the Miroshi is just too far out of budget and too close in functionality with what I already have for me to be about to convince myself that I need it. However, that Chukabocho has been haunting me. Especially considering that I ONLY have 3 cleavers: 2 very thin (ITK Hoss, and CCK1303) and a vg10 meat/bone thing that's closer to a hatchet. The carter sounds like it might fit in nicely between those categories.
    So tell me a bit more about it:
    -I bet sticking is not a problem with that thick blade and dramatic bevel, but how is wedging? How would you describe / compare the cutting performance?
    -I read though your original posts about it, and you mentioned that you asked for 3mm @ the spine, but I couldn't tell if that's what he actually made or not. It looks like it might be thicker. Do you have a measurement?
    -From what I read it sounds like the Jigane is made from "mystery" steel that Murray found in his yard that is not very reactive (cool). How thick is the Jigane? Your polish is so darn even that I cant see where the Jigane and Hagane meet. Aprox how far up the bevel is the the junction of the 2?

Thanks for this post, I'm sure that it's resulted in a lot of drool-soaked keyboards.