Quantcast
c-dawg's stash for sale!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: c-dawg's stash for sale!

c-dawg's stash for sale!

Hello Everyone! It's been a while, I know!

Just wanted to say hi and check things out. I haven't been participating much in the forums, but I hope to do so once again.

I was thinking, since I do have a bunch of knives that I haven't been using, I might as well contribute to the forums by

offering a few of my knives for sale! Please take a look!

First off, is my Yoshikane Ajikiri. It is made of blue steel with a very beautiful Damascus cladding. The blue steel core

is polished to a mirror finish while retaining the 'mist' look on the cladded metal. I bought the knife a few years ago,

sharpened it, and never used it. Includes saya. $250

Here are some pics:

http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/sh.../post/1304833/

(I might be willing to take an offer on the yoshikane yanagi from the first post on the link above)

I've been calling this next knife 'Shigeki's Cousin' in the past, but I've been corrected. Not only was it the cousin of

Shigeki who made this knife, it's his oldest cousin and the current blacksmith for his family. It was Shigeki's master's #1

apprentice.

Here's JWW's write-up about Shigeki: http://japanwoodworker.com/product.asp?

s=JapanWoodworker&pf_id=09%2E003%2E240&dept_id=132 58

The core is blue steel at RC64. Knife is fully sharpened and comes with saya with locking pin. I'll take a loss and offer

it at $230.

Murray Carter 8sun Garden Steel Kurouchi Aogami steel IPNB Chukabocho
    Most of the information about this knife is covered in the link below to the post I made about this knife. I love this knife

a lot, but I haven't used it in about 2 years. It's a hell of a knife and it really performs very very well. It will come

fully shapened. $850

http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/sh...8/post/1324781

And now, my last offering comes with a heavy heart. It is my most prized knife:
    Murray Carter Unground 8sun Miroshi, Black Ash Burl with Brushed Silver Spacers on Presentation Grade Sanora Ironwood (Fish

Handle)
    $1850

original post:
    http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/sh...80/post/968953

All prices on knives include shipping to the US continental. Please feel free to ask questions about anything and offers

will be handled on a first-come-first serve basis.

Please feel free to look at my gallery photos: http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/sh...1/post/1071278

I will entertain offers on any knife I own. I might say no to some, though : P

Ajikiri is pending.

Holy crap! Those carters are stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Holy crap! Those carters are stunning!
    You chould take a closer look at the Mioroshi... the Ura is fully forged (the concave that is), not ground, so it still has the kurouchi finish. Amazing work from a master. I've never seen anything else quite like it.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyJoe View Post
    You chould take a closer look at the Mioroshi... the Ura is fully forged (the concave that is), not ground, so it still has the kurouchi finish. Amazing work from a master. I've never seen anything else quite like it.
    yes, it definitely is a hell of a knife. check out the original photos and posts about the mioroshi. the whole concavity was made by hammer and it is amazingly perfect. i wish you could come over to hold it. the knife and the handle are both truely works of art!

oh, also, the ajikiri is SOLD!

Wow, I remember playing with the Carters and am amazed your moving them off. Wish I was better off because I'd take em both

Glad to see you haven't fallen off the planet /wave (guess I should wear the chile pants more often to see ya now and again lol)

hahaha what's up DC!

you would love that carter cleaver! it's got a good heft to it but the taper makes it cut like a laser!

shigeki's cousin is now pending

Quote Originally Posted by C_Dawg View Post
    shigeki's cousin is now pending
    thank god! I was getting close to caving.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Dawg View Post
    hahaha what's up DC!

you would love that carter cleaver! it's got a good heft to it but the taper makes it cut like a laser!
    Ya it's a good good one, I'm just to far backwards to get that beauty...