Quantcast
Masamoto KS 270mm Gyuto - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Masamoto KS 270mm Gyuto

Oh thank God... I just saw this and I was going to send a PM if it wasn't already spoken for.
    Len

A quick question, why were you selling? Wrong size or another reason?

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    I'd rather have a 240 for home use, and while I'd love to keep this one to serve as my primary prep knife at work, I can no longer trust the environment with anything remotely high-quality.

I have a 240 on its way. Can't wait! I Google "Masamoto" daily.

Congrats on the sale. Hope to see a review posted in the review section.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    ...I'd love to keep this one to serve as my primary prep knife at work, I can no longer trust the environment with anything remotely high-quality.
    That's sad... What changed?

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    That's sad... What changed?
    It's never been a great place for my knives to hang out in the first place (I've told countless horror stories), but the limitless sense of entitlement with which the owner and his owner-children carry themselves has broken the camel's back. On Wednesday one of the children took the Masamoto down from the shelf where I was storing it (despite there being a rack full of house knives within arm's reach), pulled it from it's saya, and used it to cut up an apple and some oranges. He then left it sitting in a puddle of fruit juice, and walked out of the kitchen while I excused myself from the line in the middle of a rush to go reclaim it, wipe it off, and put it away again. Not the worst transgression in the world, but incidents like that are a daily occurrence and I'm just getting tired of trying to keep them from hurting my knives.

Trying to educate them on the proper care of carbon, and the respect with which you handle another man's knife, has been a losing battle. So I'm giving up. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I'd love to keep this one to serve as my primary prep knife at work, I can no longer trust the environment with anything remotely high-quality.
    I know the feeling. I have a 240 KS and its fine tip is a nightmare in terms of other people knocking it off the bench or sticking the tip into metal pans. The tip on mine has been broken a little about 3 times now due to other people being careless. Another thing. Don't bring a carbon 210 petty into work. It is the perfect size for other people to grab and use, and of course they never wipe it

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    I know the feeling. I have a 240 KS and its fine tip is a nightmare in terms of other people knocking it off the bench or sticking the tip into metal pans. The tip on mine has been broken a little about 3 times now due to other people being careless. Another thing. Don't bring a carbon 210 petty into work. It is the perfect size for other people to grab and use, and of course they never wipe it
    Heh. One day I brought my Misono carbon in to work and left it overnight, in it's cardboard saya, stored in the back room, on a shelf fairly out of sight. The next day it was hanging from a mag strip in the kitchen with a few big spots of rust. I was super excited.

I guess y'all need sheaths, lol.

This is precisely why I never leave my knives at work, or in a place where I can't keep an eye on them for that matter. Too many knuckle heads.