Quantcast
my TKC
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my TKC

Engorged Member

my TKC

I miss my TKC 240mm gyuto. It's been a while since I've see her. I sent her off to Dave for a rehandle and we're waiting on parts. I like my customs, but my love for this knife goes deeper. It tough thinking of her with Dave all alone, in his shop, doing who knows what with her. All I ask is that you be gentle with her Dave. She's my girl.

I have two.....One of the best cutters I have used as long as you are not a food release nazi.I won't part with either!

It's still the standard by which I measure a knife's worth and I also have two.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    I miss my TKC 240mm gyuto. It's been a while since I've see her. I sent her off to Dave for a rehandle and we're waiting on parts. I like my customs, but my love for this knife goes deeper. It tough thinking of her with Dave all alone, in his shop, doing who knows what with her. All I ask is that you be gentle with her Dave. She's my girl.
    Don't worry, your TKC is good company. My 240 TKC is also with Dave awaiting a new pair of pants. Though my TKC is the Kikuichi clone from CKTG.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Has there been any in depth comparison between a TKC and a clone.I read a post recently that the clones have a pinned bolster.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post

Oh I'm taking REAL good care of her! Hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Don't worry, your TKC is good company. My 240 TKC is also with Dave awaiting a new pair of pants. Though my TKC is the Kikuichi clone from CKTG.

k.
    At least with Judd's knife it's on hold for parts, yours are just waiting for me.

Just a question, if it is out of place please say. Is there much of a difference between the TKC and Carbonext? The impression I get is that the TKC has a much nicer handle but I don't think I've ever seen any real conclusions in terms of the actual blades of each and how they perform. If this is OT or whatever I apologise

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    Has there been any in depth comparison between a TKC and a clone.I read a post recently that the clones have a pinned bolster.
    I have seen several. The newest clones have the pinned bolster. The older ones do not. I do not like the corners on the the newer, pinned bolsters, either.

@steven: Acid etch was slightly different on the CN vs. TKC. Could be different or could be variation between batches. They are very similar in terms of fit and finish, cutting performance, sharpening, edge retention and reactivity.

What about the HD vs the TKC

+ Reply to Thread