my TKC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pescador

Engorged Member
Reaction score
I miss my TKC 240mm gyuto. It's been a while since I've see her. I sent her off to Dave for a rehandle and we're waiting on parts. I like my customs, but my love for this knife goes deeper. It tough thinking of her with Dave all alone, in his shop, doing who knows what with her. All I ask is that you be gentle with her Dave. She's my girl.

I have two.....One of the best cutters I have used as long as you are not a food release nazi.I won't part with either!

It's still the standard by which I measure a knife's worth and I also have two.

I miss my TKC 240mm gyuto. It's been a while since I've see her. I sent her off to Dave for a rehandle and we're waiting on parts. I like my customs, but my love for this knife goes deeper. It tough thinking of her with Dave all alone, in his shop, doing who knows what with her. All I ask is that you be gentle with her Dave. She's my girl.

Don't worry, your TKC is good company. My 240 TKC is also with Dave awaiting a new pair of pants. Though my TKC is the Kikuichi clone from CKTG.

k.

Has there been any in depth comparison between a TKC and a clone.I read a post recently that the clones have a pinned bolster.

Oh I'm taking REAL good care of her! Hahahahahaha :evilgrin:

Don't worry, your TKC is good company. My 240 TKC is also with Dave awaiting a new pair of pants. Though my TKC is the Kikuichi clone from CKTG.

k.

At least with Judd's knife it's on hold for parts, yours are just waiting for me.

Just a question, if it is out of place please say. Is there much of a difference between the TKC and Carbonext? The impression I get is that the TKC has a much nicer handle but I don't think I've ever seen any real conclusions in terms of the actual blades of each and how they perform. If this is OT or whatever I apologise

Has there been any in depth comparison between a TKC and a clone.I read a post recently that the clones have a pinned bolster.
I have seen several. The newest clones have the pinned bolster. The older ones do not. I do not like the corners on the the newer, pinned bolsters, either.

@steven: Acid etch was slightly different on the CN vs. TKC. Could be different or could be variation between batches. They are very similar in terms of fit and finish, cutting performance, sharpening, edge retention and reactivity.

The HD is the least stain resistant of the bunch but I think it takes a slightly keener edge more easily and the edge retention might be a touch better. What really sets the HD apart from the other two are the thinness behind the edge, the rounding of the spine and choil, and the somewhat flatter profile.

Back