Quantcast
How to bone out a deer in 8 minutes...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: How to bone out a deer in 8 minutes...

  1. #1

    How to bone out a deer in 8 minutes...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xijmge8_NJw

    This guy obviously is a pro. My technique is a little different and it takes me about a half an hour. I hang the carcass head down and remove the front shoulder/legs. Everything else is cut off the intact skeleton and when its done its just a hanging skeleton. I like how he fileted the meat off the brisket up through the loin. I approach it from the centerline on the back but might try it from the brisket up next time. Oh yeah...and I use a Hankotsu...

  2. #2
    Holy crap! I could have used his help, I got 5 cut up, 5 to go... Been a great season!


    Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jeff View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xijmge8_NJw

    This guy obviously is a pro. My technique is a little different and it takes me about a half an hour. I hang the carcass head down and remove the front shoulder/legs. Everything else is cut off the intact skeleton and when its done its just a hanging skeleton. I like how he fileted the meat off the brisket up through the loin. I approach it from the centerline on the back but might try it from the brisket up next time. Oh yeah...and I use a Hankotsu...
    super fast! Also what part of KY are you from? Im in Lexington!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes7792 View Post
    super fast! Also what part of KY are you from? Im in Lexington!
    The big city--Louisville...

  5. #5
    Obviously its the hook thingy. If I had one of those hook thingys I could cut meat that fast...

  6. #6
    LOL!! Get me one to then!


    Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

  7. #7
    It looks like he's done that a few times.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jeff View Post
    Obviously its the hook thingy. If I had one of those hook thingys I could cut meat that fast...

    Peter pan just crapped his pants.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Chef Niloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long island NY
    Posts
    1,034
    Love the hook! Kind of like pirates meet Ted Bundey

  10. #10

    ecchef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In the Village.
    Posts
    3,429
    That's really impressive! And he almost never changes his grip.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •