Looking for canadian sani-tuff supplier

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks

I also saw globalindustrial.ca is a big supplier as well. Anyone have experience with the different thickness? 1/2", 3/4", or 1"....not sure what to get. Is it just how long the board will last or is there anything else to think about?

The 1" thick is (obviously) a more solid board. As in heavy. Heavier than you think. It'll have less tendency to warp. And it should last longer. Even if you decide to sand it frequently, which I don't think it really needs, you just have more material that extends the life of the board.

What type of board are you using now? The sani-tuffs can be slightly grabby when the blade edge contacts the board. Not necessarily a bad thing. It just takes a little getting used to.

I use wood at home but these are to replace some poly boards at work.

good plan on finding a canadian supplier - Wish I'd been smart enough to do that, lol. I ordered 3 sanituffs from the states and got bent over by UPS for the shipping. although I do have an extra unwrapped 1/2x12x18 if you want.

they do tend to bend every now in then, but if you put 'em on the counter warm right out of the dishwasher, they straighten right out.

Back