Another Christmas present post

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman91

Reaction score
Looking for a new toy to buy myself for Christmas. I am currently considering the following knives:

Stephan Fowler Gyuto
Stephan Fowler Petty/Suji
Pierre Rodrigue Gyuto
Mizuno honraten Blue #2 gyuto
Masamoto KS Gyuto
Hiromoto Gyuto/Suji rehandled, thinned etc.
Martell Gyuto/Suji
Marko Gyuto

Just looking for some input from people that have or have used these knives. Thanks guys!!

It would be for this year, and i know a lot of those makers have waiting lists, and that is fine with me, the knife doesn't have to be in my hands any time soon.

Are you looking for anything (in terms of characteristics) in particular?

Are you looking for anything in particular?

Not really, I basically have the essential knives that i need for work and home, so this knife doesn't need to serve a void that i have in my knife block. Just looking for something new and fun. Thanks!

Mike

If it was me, I'd get a Miz since I haven't tried one and everyone who has one seems to think it absolutely rocks. Of the ones I've actually seen, I'd go for a Marko, then a Martell and then a KS. At this point, I'm on the fence about Fowlers. I'd skip on the Hiro.

Thanks for the input tk, I have also heard nothing but good things on the Miz, other than the KS its the cheapest of the bunch too.

I'd get a Mizuno. The KS and Mizuno are the only ones listed that wouldn't have a waiting list so I'd go for it. Saying that I already have a KS so I think either of the 2 would be a good buy.

Back