Quantcast
Petty! This, this or this? Or something else?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Petty! This, this or this? Or something else?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    262

    Petty! This, this or this? Or something else?

    Hey guys,

    In a bit of a pre cyber Monday feeding frenzy and am thinking about picking up a petty. So here are the three that I'm thinking about and wanted to get thoughts from you guys!
    As always feel free to throw out a favorite if Ive missed something.

    This -- Nenox G type 150

    This -- Suisen Special Inox

    Or this -- Asai Petty

    ????

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    99Limited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LVW, Manchester, NJ
    Posts
    919
    Have you looked at the offerings at JKI?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Iceman91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    266
    I like the looks of the Asai the best, what steel Do they use for it?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Limited View Post
    Have you looked at the offerings at JKI?
    In a perfect world I'd get that Fujiwara Maboroshi no Meito 150 -- but unfortunately it's way WAY out of my price range.

  5. #5
    Senior Member welshstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    487
    I thought the point of cyber monday was to pick up bargins !!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrano View Post
    In a perfect world I'd get that Fujiwara Maboroshi no Meito 150 -- but unfortunately it's way WAY out of my price range.
    The Kochi is nice looking too, don't know much about them. But again a bit more expensive...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    I thought the point of cyber monday was to pick up bargins !!!
    Well trying to. Epic Edge sale could be well epic????

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,327
    I had an Asai made knife before and it performed beautifully. Mine however was clad in an uber reactive iron tat did not mesh with my needs. Where the petty is stainless clad, I would go for it.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    I had an Asai made knife before and it performed beautifully. Mine however was clad in an uber reactive iron tat did not mesh with my needs. Where the petty is stainless clad, I would go for it.
    Great to know. Have you tried knives of them other lines mentioned?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts